Install Mac 4.0 (Alpha) question

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Jon Koella | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 31 2011 7:33 PM

Have a libronix version, bought the version 4.0 (alpha) couple of years ago but never installed until now... this because we just upgraded to snow leopard from tiger only yesterday. Question is after installation disk loaded, there is the little cursor in the upper right bar that says (for the last 4 hours) "software is downloading updates" and in paraentheses "0% of 4.07 G"... so is it locked up... should I have downloaded instead of using outdated install disk... is this normal? Library appears to be intact, and it did just do a good passage guide search. I guess I'm just worried about it not being the current version (which it may be in the process of trying to remedy), and it not being able to update; if 1 or 2% were completed, then I would know that it's just going to take a long time... just worried that nothing is downloading. Please advise

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 8:30 PM

Jon A. Koella, Jr.:

Have a libronix version, bought the version 4.0 (alpha) couple of years ago but never installed until now... this because we just upgraded to snow leopard from tiger only yesterday. Question is after installation disk loaded, there is the little cursor in the upper right bar that says (for the last 4 hours) "software is downloading updates" and in paraentheses "0% of 4.07 G"... so is it locked up... should I have downloaded instead of using outdated install disk... is this normal? Library appears to be intact, and it did just do a good passage guide search. I guess I'm just worried about it not being the current version (which it may be in the process of trying to remedy), and it not being able to update; if 1 or 2% were completed, then I would know that it's just going to take a long time... just worried that nothing is downloading. Please advise

Welcome Big Smile

Mac Troubleshooting wiki page hasUpdate Error section that has download links for current Logos 4 Mac Stable and Beta versions, recommend Update Error steps to manually update Logos 4 Mac version.  Note: Logos 4.3 Beta 1 is buggy.  Also, How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac includes Logging folder location, can open Indexer.log file to watch download progress (by default, file scrolls when updated).

Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs wiki page has resource copying steps (optionally copy Libronix resources to Mac). The older Logos for Mac 1.2.2 can read Libronix files.  If Logos for Mac 1.2.2 is installed, Logos 4 automatically scans Logos for Mac 1.2.2 resources, and copies them (followed by updating resources).  Observation: Logos for Mac 1.2.2 and Logos 4 can peacefully coexist.

Getting Started with Logos wiki page is good reading, includes links to unofficial Logos 4 tutorial videos created by Pastor Mark Barnes (highly recommended viewing, most items usable on Logos 4 Mac).  If see something in a video that does not work on a Mac, can post question on forum.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS