Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 1:53 AM

Bryan Smith:

Do you have Logos 4 pointed to your 3.x resource folder(s)?

If I could find were to do that I would, the user interface is VERY different from version 3, it will take some time to get use to.

Posts 2237
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 1:57 AM

There is no need to point v4 to your v3 resource folder. It will scan these automatically (it finds them itself)

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:00 AM

Philip while some part of the program may include cloud-type connectivity, what I'm talking about are the actual resource files that will reside on my physical computer.  When I run a search in Logos 4 I'm searching files on my computer, not files on a server somewhere.

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:01 AM

Damian McGrath:

There is no need to point v4 to your v3 resource folder. It will scan these automatically (it finds them itself)

This did not happen for me, nothing is showing in my library now, and I would think that 5.8 GB is everything that I have not just the difference between the 3.0 Scholar's Library and 4.0

Posts 2237
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:05 AM

Zachary Oglesby:

This did not happen for me, nothing is showing in my library now, and I would think that 5.8 GB is everything that I have not just the difference between the 3.0 Scholar's Library and 4.0

It depends on the size of your library. Also, the new media products are almost 2GB in and of themselves.

The program will collect all the resources (either from 3.0 or the servers) and then install them in your library. This will take time. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:06 AM

Bryan Smith:
When I run a search in Logos 4 I'm searching files on my computer

It will index all the files, so technically it will be searching an index (get ready for a long indexing process). However its true that the resources will be physically on your computer. In order to make sure the program and resources stay with the current versions Logos will monitor when and automatically download the physical book files when it needs to.

Posts 2237
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:06 AM

Bryan - an example:

LSJ under 3.0 was 172,000KB. Under 4.0 it is 104,000KB. All rebuilt resources are substantially smaller.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:10 AM

Might be Helpful:

v3 and v4 can exist on same machine, so I guess we can learn v4 without feeling like we're treading water with lead boots,  though I expect we will all be swimming in no time..Big Smile

Oh and the new Searching is Awesome, the indexing as Philip says can take several hours, but the results are truly amazing

takes 4.5 minutes on my v3 to do same search.. did you see the box 8.37 secs - WOOOO!!!

The indexing time pays for itself over and over again, thx for listening to us Logos, we wanted faster searching, and we have it...

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:14 AM

DominicM:
Oh and the new Searching is Awesome

I would say that about most of the program.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:25 AM

DominicM:
we wanted faster searching, and we have it...

don't forget multi-monitor support, save-able guides, reading plans for any book, Reading view...

Posts 509
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:26 AM

Can we update the engine to 4.0 yet, or can that only be done with a library upgrade?

I actually don't own any library yet, just a couple hundred independent resources.

Thanks!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:30 AM

Greg Masone:
Can we update the engine to 4.0 yet, or can that only be done with a library upgrade?

I think you will have to wait for Washington state to wake up a bit first, though I imagine this will be an early morning for some Logos employees...Bob P. probably didn't sleep much.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:34 AM

Philip Spitzer:
I imagine this will be an early morning for some Logos employees...Bob P. probably didn't sleep much.

You too my friend.. at least in Europe its time for a coffee...

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:35 AM

DominicM:
You too my friend.. at least in Europe its time for a coffee...

Yes...I got up at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I think I will need a nap today.

And when is it not time for coffee?

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:44 AM

I'm glad some folks are up... I've just upgraded from the old Gold to the new one. Downloaded the programme and got it installed correctly - but I can't see any resources and nothing seems to be happening :(

(First time using the forum so hope this ends up in the right place...)

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:44 AM

Philip Spitzer:
Bob P. probably didn't sleep much.

Make that "yet".... nor a dozen other Logos employees, still working hard to launch the new web site, etc....

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:44 AM

Someone needs to give them a call over there in WA and tell them to get on the ball!  We have questions!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:47 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Philip Spitzer:
Bob P. probably didn't sleep much.

Make that "yet".... nor a dozen other Logos employees, still working hard to launch the new web site, etc....

troubleshoot away :-)

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:47 AM

Phew, something just kicked into life... I went to the settings page and now have a "Downloads Available" notice and it's downloading 1.3Gb of data. My day just got better!!

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:47 AM

well ask away, and if we can answer we will, at least if I am able...

I think now its Public/on the website the NDA I signed has ended, so yes I have been involved (in a small way) with  the beta testing I may be able to answer some of your questions before the cavalry (Logos staff) come in if its to do with using/running program

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS