Essential IVP Reference Collection 3 special pricing

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:10 AM

For a short time at half price: $95.00. Don't miss this if ever you have wanted it.

http://www.facebook.com/BibleSoftware?sk=app_7146470109

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:42 AM

YES!!! I was so disappointed that one didn't make it, although it had many more votes than some of the other offers. It was the only thing with 100+ votes that I really wanted. 

And $95! I was hoping for $110-120.

Now I'm a lot happier! Big Smile

(Though I admit I was hoping for a good price on Liddell/Scott as well. It had as many votes as The Bible Speaks Today. And AYB at 50% would have been nice. Big Smile )  

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:58 AM

CryingCryingCryingCryingCrying

I just can't do it!  Almost everything in the FaceBook sale is on my wishlist and many of them are quite high on my list.  I finally settled on picking up the Tyndale commentaries about an hour or two before this became available.  I don't know if this would have changed my decision, but I decided that I can only get one item from this sale.  Ah well, I've been wanting the Tyndale commentaries for a while, so I'm sure I will be happy with my purchase.  Why are all the good sales around tax time? Sad

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 11:23 AM

Mark A. Smith:

For a short time at half price: $95.00. Don't miss this if ever you have wanted it.

That's a great deal on a great set.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 2:58 PM

Edwin Bowden:

Mark A. Smith:

That's a great deal on a great set.

They got me! I had successfully resisted every offer in the Facebook sale. Then, the special deal on IVP Reference Collection was more than I could snub. Hmm

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 5:48 PM

Jack Caviness:
They got me!

I hear you Jack......I could not pass that up either.

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 6:11 PM

Ron Keyston Jr:

CryingCryingCryingCryingCrying

I just can't do it!  Almost everything in the FaceBook sale is on my wishlist and many of them are quite high on my list.  I finally settled on picking up the Tyndale commentaries about an hour or two before this became available.  I don't know if this would have changed my decision, but I decided that I can only get one item from this sale.  Ah well, I've been wanting the Tyndale commentaries for a while, so I'm sure I will be happy with my purchase.  Why are all the good sales around tax time? Sad

If you changed your mind, I bet you could return the Tyndale commentaries and pick up the IVP set instead by contacting a sales rep directly.

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 8:19 PM

Drat you, Logos!

I'm facing a layoff (government shutdown), and you had to go and tempt me with this!!

After I've already bought some March Madness items!!!

Bye-bye, budget!!!!

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:00 PM

Rosie Perera:
If you changed your mind, I bet you could return the Tyndale commentaries and pick up the IVP set instead by contacting a sales rep directly.

Thanks Rosie.  I figured they would probably be willing to do that if I wanted to switch.  I think I'm pretty happy with my purchase though.  I have been wanting the Tyndale set for quite some time.  There are just so many good items at good prices and I can't have them all Sad  My comment was more about that than about regretting purchasing one instead of the other.  Almost everything offered by the sale is high on my wishlist.  I'd really like to pick up IVP, Tozer, and Bible Speaks Today...but I'll just have to be content with my new Tyndale set for now Smile  I'd like WBC and NICOT/NICNT as well, but those are definitely out of the question at the moment.  I've still got a few more days to decide, so we'll see if I can justify IVP to myself within the next 6 days Stick out tongue

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:25 AM

Unfortunately, not all the books that come with this IVP Reference Collection are available on the iPhone, it seems, even though they're part of a single pkg from the same publisher. Strange.

Specifically, the non-iPhone books are:

IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament

The Dictionary of Biblical Imagery

New Bible Atlas

New Dictionary of Biblical Theology

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:56 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Does this mean you have to be on facebook to be able to get this discount?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:58 AM

Patrick Rietveld:

Mark A. Smith:

Does this mean you have to be on facebook to be able to get this discount?

Yes Patrick it does.  It's an FB only sale, but we can't help talking about it here.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 135
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 6:20 AM

I love the "New Bible Dictionary" with this set.  It has become my favorite.  I also have the the Background commentary on the OT and the NT.  I find them to be very light.  I get more info from Study Bible notes.  What about some of the other books in this set.  Do you have one of particular value for study?  What I am trying to determine is even at a great price, which this seems to be, if I won't use then I don't need to spend my money.  

Posts 687
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 6:55 AM

In my opinion, the IVP Reference Collection is the best bundle on Logos.

The "black" dictionary series is outstanding and I love the Dictionary of Biblical Imagery.

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 6:56 AM

Ted Weis:

In my opinion, the IVP Reference Collection is the best bundle on Logos.

The "black" dictionary series is outstanding

Yes

Posts 5621
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 7:45 AM

Gene Britton:

I love the "New Bible Dictionary" with this set.  It has become my favorite.  I also have the the Background commentary on the OT and the NT.  I find them to be very light.  I get more info from Study Bible notes.  What about some of the other books in this set.  Do you have one of particular value for study?  What I am trying to determine is even at a great price, which this seems to be, if I won't use then I don't need to spend my money.  

The Background commentaries are the only books in this set I don't bother with (just about any decent commentary has similar or better info, IMO). Also, I don't think I've ever used Hard Sayings of the Bible, so I can't comment on it. But all of the other books are top shelf--even the "Pocket" dictionaries are extremely useful for defining terms not found in other dictionaries.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS