Help with Syntax Search

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 6 2011 11:16 AM

Hello all,

I am trying to do a syntax search for a sequence of Ki clauses in Psalm 75. 

Psalm 75 vv. 7-9 have a sequence of 3 Ki clauses. I wanted to search where else a sequence of 3 Ki clauses occur. Actually I was able to find some results. See the image with the query that I built. 

I had to insert the "OR" to mimic the structure of the clauses in Ps 75. See that I had to specify that the 3rd Ki clause was in another discourse, apart from the first 2. But I have two problems that I am asking for help. 

1 - The first problem is that I want to search for a sequence of 3 Ki clauses independent of in which discourse it is. In fact, this text is highly debatable as to where one discourse ends and another begins. So, apparently I am restricted by AF interpretation of the data. I mean, some scholars (and myself), believe that vv. 7-9 are one unity, only one discourse. So, is that correct, in this case I am restricted to AF interpretation? See that the first part of my search gave me results where I have 3 ki clauses, but they are in the same discourse. So, what if my first Ki was in another discourse? I am looking for a way to find consistent data.

2 - Is there a way to search for a sequence of 3 Ki clauses not based on the syntactical interpretation of AF, but more on word level? For example, in the case of Ps 75, AF tags it as a "Reason" (because). But what about other sequences of Ki clauses which AF does not understand as "Reason"? See for example Ps. 75:3. Some scholars will interpret that Ki as "Reason" (explanatory), others as "time" like AF, and so on. So, how can I search for Sequence of Ki clauses independent of how AF understands it. Is it possible?

I thank in advance for any help.

Blessings

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Posts 27461
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 7:26 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:
Is there a way to search for a sequence of 3 Ki clauses not based on the syntactical interpretation of AF, but more on word level? For example, in the case of Ps 75, AF tags it as a "Reason" (because). But what about other sequences of Ki clauses which AF does not understand as "Reason"? See for example Ps. 75:3.

I don't understand KI Clauses, but you can select multiple values of Constituents and they will be OR'd. This includes Ps 75:3:-

Nielsen Tomazini:
1 - The first problem is that I want to search for a sequence of 3 Ki clauses independent of in which discourse it is.

The simple query above solves this problem but you have to determine the applicable 3 clauses, else specify all the possible combinations of 3 in the manner of your query.

This might help with a part of the structure:-

Repeat 3-3 means it occurs only 3 times within the parent Clause and at any level (right click and choose "Matching skips levels").

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 7:41 PM

Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for your message. I did not realize that I could have checked more than one option for the Structure and I did not know about the Repeating, feature. I am just learning how to do syntax search and I am excited about the possibilities that I gives us. 

I will try your suggestion as soon as I can.

Thanks again. Blessings,

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS