Indexer CRASH after most recent resource update

Page 1 of 5 (85 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 8 2011 1:52 PM | Locked

Indexer crashes when trying to merge indexes after the most recent resource update.  These were the resources that I received:

And here's the logs:

78/6840.Logos4Indexer.log

78/2742.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

Also reported by others in the General forum, the Logos4 forum, and the Mac forum:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/32064.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/32063.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/32066.aspx

I'm running the current Windows beta, but the problem doesn't seem to be confined to the beta or to the Windows version.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:09 PM | Locked

same here....logs attached.

2804.indexer crash.zip

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:14 PM | Locked

We believe that this problem is related to the updated HCSB file. The following procedure should work around the crash (while we continue to debug it):

1. Delete the HCSB.logos4 resource file
  2. Run Logos 4. The indexer will start automatically and will crash shortly after startup.
  3. Enter "update resources". It will find and download the older version of the HCSB.
  4. Close and restart Logos 4 when prompted to install new resources.
  5. The indexer will start automatically (again) and will crash (again).
  6. Enter "rebuild bible index".

Posts 981
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 6:10 PM | Locked

There seem to be two issues people are dealing with

1. Error ID: 2318
Error detail: InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

2. Error ID: 6223
Error detail: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I have the latter problem, maybe  the others are all using the beta version...

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 6:34 PM | Locked

The fix or work around isn't working here either. I got to about twenty something per cent and down she went again. Are we to wait till next week for a genuine fix for this, or do the boys work on the weekends also?  :-) 

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 7:24 PM | Locked

It apears that I have 1. Error ID: 2318 (from the crash log file; see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/32070/238733.aspx#238733 for post).

In the FYI catagory for those trying to trouble shoot this:

1. I followed the instructioin in this post to get around the resource problem.
  2. I do not have the beta version. At the moment I am at 33% and indexing is still going.
Posts 2283
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 7:56 PM | Locked

Bradley's fix is fine except that you lose the HCSB resource. I tried this on the mac and pc and the HCSB resource is NOT being replaced. THAT is very disconcerting. I am now trying to put the hcsb file back in and reindexing. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 8:13 PM | Locked

Michael Ballai:

Bradley's fix is fine except that you lose the HCSB resource. I tried this on the mac and pc and the HCSB resource is NOT being replaced. THAT is very disconcerting. I am now trying to put the hcsb file back in and reindexing. 

Hi Michael,

I have the HCSB after running Bradley's fix on my Mac. After deleting the corrupted HCSB file, my system was updated with the previous file (I could have very well retrieved it from Time Machine). I then ran "Rebuild Bible Index" (took about 2 hours) - everything is fine now.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 2283
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 9:08 PM | Locked

I am trying it now from my time machine file, the updater didn't install it (on two machines no less) and I think the updater is now messed up. I really am completely annoyed with this. I have the feeling I am going to have to do complete reinstall to get this back to where it was. Sad Not happy.... 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 9:19 PM | Locked

Michael Ballai:
I have the feeling I am going to have to do complete reinstall to get this back to where it was

Please be patient and try the workaround, or wait until the resource is fixed.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 9:37 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
  1. Delete the HCSB.logos4 resource file
  2. Run Logos 4. The indexer will start automatically and will crash shortly after startup.
  3. Enter "update resources". It will find and download the older version of the HCSB.
  4. Close and restart Logos 4 when prompted to install new resources.
  5. The indexer will start automatically (again) and will crash (again).
  6. Enter "rebuild bible index".

Bradley, I have done these steps twice and even without the older version of the HCSB.. and the index gets to 99% and then fails. I'll keep at it, but wanted to make you aware.

Matt

Posts 2283
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 10:30 PM | Locked

My PC is finally ok--not sure how I managed to get it functional save God's grace.  My Mac still doesn't see the HCSB file. What file needs to get ditched so that it rebuilds recognition of the resource? 

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:02 AM | Locked

I just realized the same for my pc.  I followed all the steps and it found some resource to download but there is no hcbs file anywhere???

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 4:35 AM | Locked

Hi. I mostly use my iPad now, and only boot my PC laptop from time to time. I have a number of new resources to download on account of the Facebook specials. Does anyone know if it will be OK if I hide HCSB first, and leave it hidden until a later date when the issues are resolved? If that works, its a clean solution for anyone that can do without that one resource for a few days or so, until a resource fix or next Beta is released. (I really don't want to have to mess around with crashes and indexes this weekend, if at all possible.)

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 4:58 AM | Locked

Mine roared through to 100% last evening so all seems like it's working alright. Do any of the Techs work on Saturdays or are they like the *rest* of us - wanting the weekends off too?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:12 AM | Locked

Bootjack:
Do any of the Techs work on Saturdays or are they like the *rest* of us - wanting the weekends off too?

Logos is closed on the weekends and I've not personally experience the techs working on the weekend so I think if its the weekend your best tech support option is to see if anyone of the forum can help.

Posts 13
Arva Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 7:38 AM | Locked

Where do I find the HCSB.logos4 resource file? 

Thanks in advance.Smile

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 7:52 AM | Locked

Arva Davis:

Where do I find the HCSB.logos4 resource file? 

Thanks in advance.Smile

It's in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<Random>\ResourceManager\Resources

The AppData folder is hidden so you will need to enable hidden file and folder viewing in your Folder options to navigate there

Posts 129
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:25 AM | Locked

I did not realize that this would re-index the whole program.Hmm

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:02 AM | Locked

Where do I find the HCBS resource file? I can't locate the Logos4 folder on my C:\.

Lonnie

Page 1 of 5 (85 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS