Resource suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12
Rev. Lutjens | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:08 PM

The author is  Uuras Saarnivaara.  Title: Scriptural baptism, a dialog between John Bapstead and Martin Childfont. 

It is set as a conversation between two men - one who believes in infant baptism, one who does not. It came back into print a few years ago, but I found it excellent as a resource and to give to those exploring the matter.

Posts 35793
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:25 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2011 3:45 PM

Well, it certainly sounds interesting on Amazon

Another book that does the same thing in one of its chapters -- though in less depth, I would imagine -- is one I have suggested before: Bo Giertz' novel The Hammer of God. Definitely one of the best Christian novels ever written.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 12
Rev. Lutjens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 7 2011 8:47 PM

Hammer of God is good, but yes, it would barely scratch the surface of what the other book does.  Read them both - find them both useful.

I've always liked the comment that Hammer of God is C.F.W. Walther's Law and Gospel in novel form.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:58 AM

Look what I just found on Vyrso: The Hammer of God: Revised Edtion. Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS