BUG Bicho Logos4 English interface mixed with Spanish

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1809
Tom | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 13 2011 5:49 PM

I have a problem with the Logos 4 display, the English interface - Display is Mixed with Spanish.  Confused

I can select the Spanish Language Interface and it is pure spanish,Big Smile

I can select the Swedish and it is Swedish.

I select English and the primary titles are in English, but all the drop downs are in Spanish.Sad

I have the Leaders Lib in English and the Platino en Spanish.

How do I get it back to pure English (en lugar de spanglish) Big Smile

See the video to see my problem,  Thanks  Tom

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:34 PM

I have something similar, that I haven't had time to report. This is supposed to be the English UI:

I don't think all those words can be found in the Oxford English Dictionary... Stick out tongue

(I'm on Mac, in case you don't know that by now.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1809
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:16 PM

fgh:

I don't think all those words can be found in the Oxford English Dictionary... Stick out tongue

Here are some words I cant find in my Spanish or English Dictionary.

I Just wish the could get it fixed.  This is what just came up on my home page.Surprise

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2011 8:40 AM

fgh:
This is supposed to be the English UI:

When I posted this yesterday, it was in the middle of the night, and I used an old screenshot I took a day or two after 4.2 shipped. I also know it has looked the same every time I've checked it since, but when I look now, it's suddenly all in English again. Either my problem was fixed in the last week or so, or it just occurs randomly. I guess time will tell.

Tom Rach:
Here are some words I cant find in my Spanish or English Dictionary.

That looks fine for me, and always has:

(I have, however, always been a bit amused about those Bible readings at the Home Page: English heading over Swedish text? Huh? If Logos can fetch the verses from my Swedish Bible, shouldn't it be able to fetch the heading from there as well?)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:05 AM

fgh:
(I have, however, always been a bit amused about those Bible readings at the Home Page: English heading over Swedish text? Huh? If Logos can fetch the verses from my Swedish Bible, shouldn't it be able to fetch the heading from there as well?)

The problem is that not every translation has headings above one and the same text (e.g. due to different apportionment). However, I wouldn't mind having no heading above the readings, as I find that language mix-up to be rather funny, too.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 1809
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2011 4:18 PM

Tom Rach:

I have a problem with the Logos 4 display, the English interface - Display is Mixed with Spanish.  Confused

I can select the Spanish Language Interface and it is pure spanish,Big Smile

I select English and the primary titles are in English, but all the drop downs are in Spanish.Sad

How do I get it back to pure English (en lugar de spanglish) Big Smile

Still have the same problem. The English interface is contaminated with the Spanish.

Here on the first level, everything looks fineBig Smile 

But laying beneath is the sinister spanish.Devil

Here you can see that at first it is English, then the next level is Spanish (lugares biblicos y diccionarios), then the final level is back to English.Big SmileAngryHuh?

Just another fine example of "a double minded man" Hmm

Granted I am just one of the many who own Logos4, but I know there are others out there with similar problems.  How about someone from Logos looking into this anoying problem.  

Oh, just noticed that it is only on my net book, not the desk top that is acting so messed up. Any ideas?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2011 5:08 PM

Have you checked if there are any posts about this problem on the Spanish forum? 

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1809
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:02 AM

fgh:

Have you checked if there are any posts about this problem on the Spanish forum? 

Yes I have checked, the only problem is that the spanish forum does not have very much activity.  Sad

It only has 57 Topics and 353 posts.  Most of the Topics are only one of two posts deep. Crying

The biggest is the "Bienvienda" Topic. Recent activity was over the new logos 4 platino.  But even that thread has two or three different topcis due to not starting new treads for different topics.  I think I may start a topic on basics of forum usage, And ask that it be put near the top of the list so the new comers can get a better start, right now it is sink or swim.Wink

Thanks for your sugestion, but as you can see, people are not beating down my door with advice on how to fix the unequally yoked problem.Smile

Posts 9156
LogosEmployee

Tom Rach:

Granted I am just one of the many who own Logos4, but I know there are others out there with similar problems.  How about someone from Logos looking into this anoying problem.  

Oh, just noticed that it is only on my net book, not the desk top that is acting so messed up. Any ideas?

Are you running 4.2a SR-4 on both computers?

What is the setting for "Language" (in Tools > Program Settings, under General) on each computer?

What OS is running on the desktop and laptop? In Windows' Regional and Language Settings, what language is selected (on the Formats tab, Vista & 7; on the Regional Options tab, XP)?

Posts 1809
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:56 AM

Bradley Grainger:
Are you running 4.2a SR-4 on both computers?

Yep, 4.2a SR-4 (4.21.5.0953)

Bradley Grainger:
What is the setting for "Language" (in Tools > Program Settings, under General) on each computer?

Both Set to English.

Bradley Grainger:
What OS is running on the desktop and laptop?

Both are running Windows XP

Bradley Grainger:
Regional Options tab, XP

Reginal language settings,  On the Desk Top, Spanish (and it works), On the NoteBook, it is set to English and it has the problem.Surprise

Posts 9156
LogosEmployee

Tom Rach:

Reginal language settings,  On the Desk Top, Spanish (and it works), On the NoteBook, it is set to English and it has the problem.Surprise

OK; just having that set to English shouldn't cause some text to show up in Spanish; maybe there's something else going on here...

In that same Regional and Language Settings dialog on the notebook, select the Languages tab and click the Details button. Under Settings, what is the default input language set to? Close the Details dialog and go back to Regional and Language Settings. On the Advanced tab, what is the Language for non-Unicode programs setting?

Posts 1809
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:21 AM

Bradley Grainger:
In that same Regional and Language Settings dialog on the notebook, select the Languages tab and click the Details button. Under Settings, what is the default input language set to? Close the Details dialog and go back to Regional and Language Settings. On the Advanced tab, what is the Language for non-Unicode programs setting?

On the Net Book I had the language set to English, I changed it back to Español (Mexico), 

And everything works fine, Huh?  The problem is I don´t remember why I had set it to English, must have been a key board problem in the past.

Oh, yes other computers were bought in Mexico and therefore have the Spanish Xp Version with the Spanish Language key board.

Thanks for your help,  Logos 4 is back to normal at least for now.  Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS