CTRL + ALT + C shortcut not working properly

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 15 2011 6:37 AM

I notice that the shortcut to paste the URL from a resource to a note [CTRL + ALT +C] is not working properly. My clipboard still retains the previous item instead of copying the URL. I have found, however, that if I go into the control panel of the resource and then change the setting from URL to say HTML and then back to URL it will allow me to copy the URL properly - but this is pretty tedious and time consuming. Any suggestions - or is this a bug in the new update?

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:28 AM

I use this feature a lot and have never had a problem.  Can you give us some more details?

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:45 AM

I have used it a lot in the past also, Frank. However, I did install a new computer this week. But all other aspects of Logos 4 seem to be working fine.

What happens is - when I press CTRL+ ALT + C the URL does not copy to the clipboard [like it should]. [Whatever previously was on the clipboard is retained, but not the new URL which I desire.] However, I found that if I go in to the control panel of the resource and just change the setting COPY LOCATION AS from URL to something else and then back to URL, it will then copy the URL of the resource. But when I try ANOTHER resource I have to go through this same procedure. [I hope this makes sense.]

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:23 AM

Bill Fiess:

What happens is - when I press CTRL+ ALT + C the URL does not copy to the clipboard [like it should]. [Whatever previously was on the clipboard is retained, but not the new URL which I desire.] However, I found that if I go in to the control panel of the resource and just change the setting COPY LOCATION AS from URL to something else and then back to URL, it will then copy the URL of the resource. But when I try ANOTHER resource I have to go through this same procedure. [I hope this makes sense.]

Bill ~  When you change the setting back to URL, the action of clicking on 'URL' on the panel menu will copy it to the clipboard, so if you used Ctrl+Alt+C after that it would have pasted the correct text, even if the keyboard shortcut wasn't working. So, I wonder if the same shortcut has been applied to something else in Windows, causing it to not perform the expected function in Logos 4. Or, another possibility that I've experienced a few times is stuck keys, and perhaps just pressing the Ctrl and Alt keys a few times will unstick them so they can function properly again.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:13 AM

I think you are right, Melissa - that another program that I have installed also has that shortcut. Windows 7 doesn't appear to contain that shortcut - but maybe some other program does. I am trying to check into that now. Thanks for your help.

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 10:11 AM

I was also experiencing some trouble with the cutting and pasting of URLs yesterday. I just checked it again and found I am able to copy the URL either by using control-alt-c or by clicking on URL but I can only paste in the hyperlink box by using right-click paste. The control-k will not paste into the hyperlink field.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 10:19 AM

Thanks for the imput, Larry. I able able to use CTRL + V all right - but CTRL + ALT + C will not paste to the clipboard. I am pretty sure that some other program that I have installed is using this shortcut - but I am not sure how to find it.

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 12:18 PM

Larry Heflin:
The control-k will not paste into the hyperlink field.

Ctrl-k does NOT paste into the hyperlink field. It only opens the window for the paste. You have to use Ctrl-v to paste it. (Or right click in the hyperlink box and select paste.

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2011 2:21 PM

Ah, got it now. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS