Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 664
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:29 AM

In the newest version of Logos, I can't find the old Englishman's Greek concordance. I'd like to find all the occurrences of a Greek verb, no matter what the tense, mood, voice and have the list display in English in whatever translation I choose. I used to be able to get at this by right clicking on a Greek word. I found I could do a Word Study but the only way I can get it to display in English is to select the reverse ESV translation. Can anyone help?

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:51 AM

JimMcDaniel:

In the newest version of Logos, I can't find the old Englishman's Greek concordance. I'd like to find all the occurrences of a Greek verb, no matter what the tense, mood, voice and have the list display in English in whatever translation I choose. I used to be able to get at this by right clicking on a Greek word. I found I could do a Word Study but the only way I can get it to display in English is to select the reverse ESV translation. Can anyone help?

Now see what you made me do?  Shame !  Devil  I never use an interlinear, but here's the scoop.  I can right-click on the word in the interlinear and get an option for the Englishman's Concordance for the word.  If you don't have that, you've got a problem.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2783
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:56 AM

Open the KJV Bible or the NASB right click on a word and on the optional resources provided you will find Englishman's Greek concordance. Hope this helps.

Sir T.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2783
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:11 PM

Good idea Jim (below) i need to try that, thanks for including pics.

Sir T. 

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:14 PM

OK - good news and bad news re the request for Englishmans.  I presume that you already knew about the right-click-in-kjv-or-nasb solution that has been the "standard" option for quite a while ... and that you are asking about the OLD version of the Englishman's, before seriesX.  That is, the one with a window that looks like this:

and presumably, also, the Strong's concordance with the window that looks like this:

Well ... the good news is that it is still possible to attach those to a workspace.  Here's the snapshot of a simple workspace that DOES have them attached:

and here is the workspace file itself ....

1488.OldEngStrWkspc.zip

The "bad news" is that I don't remember the steps necessary to ADD either of these panes to a workspace, nor do I remember what if any dll files are necessary to make them work.  I seem to recall that the procedure involved getting out an old pre-X CD and copying a file over yadda yadda.  I *do* know WHO knows -- MOE.  Yep, Morris Proctor is de man when it comes to stuff like this.

Hopefully, someone else on the forum who goes back to the early days WILL remember the file and the procedure ... presuming, of course, that this is what you were looking for :~)

=============
Redeeming the time (Eph.5:16+Col.4:5) ...
Jim Dean

Posts 2783
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:47 PM

JimDean:
OK - good news and bad news re the request for Englishmans.  I presume that you already knew about the right-click-in-kjv-or-nasb solution that has been the "standard" option for quite a while ... and that you are asking about the OLD version of the Englishman's, before seriesX.  That is, the one with a window that looks like this:

Hi Jim, Where should one save this workspace file into. Thanks

Ted

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:57 PM
Save extracted file in my documents\libronix dls\workspaces No guarantee that will do any good. I think there may be other file(s) necessary Let me know it it works. If not, contact Moe.

=============
Jim Dean

Posts 664
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:30 PM

Fellas! What great brothers to have around! Thanks for the quick and thorough help. I just hadn't used this feature for some time and forgot how to get at it. J.D., I'll try your workspace too.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 2783
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:35 PM

JimDean:
Save extracted file in my documents\libronix dls\workspaces No guarantee that will do any good. I think there may be other file(s) necessary Let me know it it works. If not, contact Moe.

Thanks i am up and running. Every blessings

Ted

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:55 PM
Great! I guess these functions are a part of the core engine. If you can figure out how to ADD either of these to an extant workspace, let me know. Otherwise, at least you can use this as a starting point to build other spaces from. Nice thing about these tools is that they group results rather than listing them in mixed form in straight Biblical order.

=============
Jim Dean

Posts 664
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 3:03 PM

OK now another question. It seems to me that I used to be able to create a verse list with the results of the Englishman's Greek Concordance, but now I can't. Is there any way to save the results other than copy and paste?

I see that I was confusing the concordance output with something else. But the question remains. Is there a way to convert the results to a verse list, or to change the format (1 column, 2 column etc.)?

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 3:29 PM

These are no longer "supported features" afaik.

The click-n-drag copy then paste into verselist via clipboard method that I explained at length a day or so ago works just fine here.

=============
Jim Dean

Posts 664
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 4:32 PM

That works fine. Thanks.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 25872
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 7:15 PM

JimDean:
If you can figure out how to ADD either of these to an extant workspace, let me know.

Here's a custom toolbar you add to User Files folder \My Documents\Libronix DLS\CustomToolbars. It contains Englishman's, Strong's and the old Lemma Report. Use right click Customise... + Modify... to Remove what you don't want.

0486.Resources & Reports.zip

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 8:51 PM

Thanks, Dave ... I have something similar, too (from long ago).

What I was trying to remember was how/where the Englishman's/ Strongs "resources" are accessed from, if such a toolbar or workspace-template did not already exist.

That is, I can open a new book from Go or Library ... and it creates a pane in the space.  Somehow, long ago, I did this for Englishman's and Strong's and I can't remember the name of the resource, or the procedure that I followed.

Maybe I started with the toolbar, and then saved the open pane as a part of the space ... but that just begs the question ... where did the assignment to the button in the toolbar come from?

This is big deal to me - it just bothers me that I can't remember what Moe taught me.  Embarrassed

=============
Jim Dean

Posts 25872
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:04 PM

JimDean:
What I was trying to remember was how/where the Englishman's/ Strongs "resources" are accessed from

Prior to v3 the reports were accessed from the menu and the "resources" are selected from a drop-down list (Version:) of bibles with Strong's numbers.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 87
David Emme | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 4:25 PM

JimMcDaniel:

I never tried loking for it as a resource. If you switch your bible to show strong's, you can rightclick and click for Englishman's. I have also used it from Strong's, not sure i you can use it with other Greek tools.

Posts 2
Jose Hiram Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:50 PM

I bought the newest version of the Logos software (Scholar's).  I have tried to right click on the KJV and the Strong word and it does not show the Englishman Concordance.  Is there another way to get to it?

Posts 18911
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 8:58 PM

Jose Hiram Rodriguez:

I bought the newest version of the Logos software (Scholar's).  I have tried to right click on the KJV and the Strong word and it does not show the Englishman Concordance.  Is there another way to get to it?

Logos 4 generates an "Englishman's Concordance" report for you, so the separate resource called Englishman's Concordance is no longer needed.

Open the KJV (make sure it's the version of KJV that has reverse interlinear associated with it.  It's the one called "King James Version" not "The King James Version" or "King James Version with Apocrypha." There should be a "Display" button and an interlinear icon button on its tab if you've got the right one:

Now right click on any word in the KJV Bible, select the Lemma tab from the right-hand side of the pop-up menu, and then select Search this resource. This will find all occurrences of the underlying Greek or Hebrew word, regardless of how it is translated in English. You can show the results in various ways, but to make it look most like the Englishman's Concordance you're used to, click the Aligned button:

Posts 2
Jose Hiram Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 12:48 PM

Rosie,

Thank you for your suggestion.  It worked just fine!

Jose

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS