Force personal file sync?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 28
Larry Stroup | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 20 2011 9:13 AM

I recently lost a hard drive.  When I installed the new drive and reloaded Logos from "the cloud" I gor most of my personal notes files back, but several were not downloaded. Although they had been creatyed over sweveral weeks prior to the drive failure and therefore were theoretically synced to Logos, they are not to be found.  I cannot tell why.  Is there a command to manually force a upload sync to "the cloud" to let me assure myself that anby new note files or personally created files in Logos are stored and synced to the Logos server?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2011 9:18 AM

Just click the "spinning arrows" next to the layouts menu:

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:42 AM

Thomas showed you how to force a sync. I seem to recall someone reporting that it can take several hours or even more than a day for sync to find the missing files. So if clicking on the arrows doesn't work at first, try again every few hours (after restarting Logos each time, just in case that makes a difference). I haven't heard an adequate explanation for this. And it might have just been a fluke the one time I can recall someone mentioning this.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:52 AM

Larry Stroup:

I recently lost a hard drive.  When I installed the new drive and reloaded Logos from "the cloud" I gor most of my personal notes files back, but several were not downloaded. Although they had been creatyed over sweveral weeks prior to the drive failure and therefore were theoretically synced to Logos, they are not to be found.  I cannot tell why.  Is there a command to manually force a upload sync to "the cloud" to let me assure myself that anby new note files or personally created files in Logos are stored and synced to the Logos server?

Just a FYI... I have left my computer on 24/7 with L4 running the entire time.  I noticed that it took L4 running 24/7 for five days to sync some of my files.  NOTE: I have a lot of note files (my notes take up somewhat under 1/2 gig of hard-drive space).

Posts 43
Peter Covert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:11 AM

tom collinge:

Just a FYI... I have left my computer on 24/7 with L4 running the entire time.  I noticed that it took L4 running 24/7 for five days to sync some of my files.  NOTE: I have a lot of note files (my notes take up somewhat under 1/2 gig of hard-drive space).

Wow, that is a long time to sync, and you have a lot of note file.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS