Morphological Search on Lemma - Please Help...

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 41 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 363
Wyn Laidig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2011 7:48 AM

I use interlinears a lot and believe they are a powerful tool if used correctly. I am a linguist and have learned several languages, but have studied many more. I have taught myself Greek and Hebrew to the extent that I can study and analyze the structure and meaning of the Text, but at this stage of my life I don't want to spend my time memorizing vocabulary. I have more important things to do, like study the context and usage of a word in order to understand the meaning of the Text and apply it to my life. I know interlinears can be abused, but so can lexicons and so can our English Bibles. Having good interlinears available on Logos, linked with search capabilties, commentaries, lexicons and other resources allow unprecedented scholarly investigation of the Text for those who havent memorized thousands of vocabulary words. They allow me to spend my time focussing on the words I really want to study without spending time unnecessarily on portions I don't need to dwell on at this time. Maybe I'm part of that 1%, but as a linguist I am a huge supporter of interlinears and enjoy instructing others in how to use them for all their worth.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2011 9:20 AM

Yea Wyn Laidig, I think now that you are making a bit more sense than some, as does Mr Barnes & MJSmith. Good point(s)!!! 

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS