Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 26 2011 9:39 PM | Locked

Logos 4.2a had a bug which could cause download progress to go past 100% (see here and here for examples). There were actually two bugs: 1) a bug that caused the download to fail, and 2) a bug in responding to that failure that caused the progress over 100%.

We've fixed bug #2, but were never able to reproduce bug #1.

4.3 Beta 3 contains additional logging to try to identify why bug #1 is happening, so that we can fix it. If you have logging enabled, and Logos 4 downloads resources (particularly if it's downloading brand-new resources), please post your Logos4Indexer.log file on this thread so we can examine it. (We're particularly interested if it contains the message "Resource patching failed" but we'll look at any logs you have, just to verify that everything is happening normally.)

Edit: There are five pre-pubs shipping this week. Downloading brand-new resources is one of the test cases we're particularly interested in investigating. If you've purchased any of these pre-pubs, please ensure logging is enabled, then post your Logos4Indexer.log file from the download (before you restart Logos 4 to add the new resources to your system). Thanks in advance!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2011 7:12 AM | Locked

Updated a Logos 4 Mac configuration from 4.0a to 4.3 Beta 3 that took 22 restarts for downloading (few times noticed retry in one session).

Attached zip file has folders with numeric prefix that have log files and some screen shot(s) of download progress.  Apologies, missed copying Logos4.log once, did copy all Indexer.log files.  For downloads, launched Logos 4.3 Beta 3 to last layout used, then watched Indexer.log file and Network usage in Activity Monitor.  Searched Indexer.log files for patching, but did not find any failure messages.  However, Indexer.log files have lots of download errors with request timed out (on internet connection with 97 KB/sec maximum sustained transfer).

7041.43B3.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25987
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2011 12:30 AM | Locked

Hi Bradley

As requested here's an indexer log file after downloading some updated resources this morning (on 4.3 B4)

3731.Logos4Indexer.log

Hope it helps

Graham

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2011 8:23 AM | Locked

There are five pre-pubs shipping this week. Downloading brand-new resources is one of the test cases we're particularly interested in investigating. If you've purchased any of these pre-pubs, please ensure logging is enabled, then post your Logos4Indexer.log file from the download (before you restart Logos 4 to add the new resources to your system).

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 2:13 PM | Locked

Logos 4.2b SR-1 on Mac downloading and indexing attached:

4743.42bSR1.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 6:38 PM | Locked

I am not sure if this is the Word Biblical Commentary: Judges or if there are downloads also happening for the Windows beta at the same time?

6303.Logos4Indexer.zip

Regards, SteveF

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 11:07 PM | Locked

Logos 4.3 Beta 5 (running on Windows 7) Downloading and Indexing:

8081.43b5-Resources.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25987
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 11:38 PM | Locked

Log after downloading WBC volume on Judges

03878.Logos4Indexer.log

Graham

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 4:17 AM | Locked

I have a "Resource Patching Failed" for you! It's in my log for the NT Wright collection.

Info    IndexerProgram	  (Timed) Patching (empty) with C:\Users\Mark Barnes\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\5amtqjih.p4f\UpdateManager\Resources\2331\SCRPTCROSSPWR.logos4.lbsevp.
Error   ResourceUtility   Issuing exception 0x80004005: Unspecified error [..\LbxUtil\PatchResource.cpp(696)]
Error   ResourceUtility   Exception 0x80004005: Unspecified error [..\LbxUtil\PatchResource.cpp(896)]
Warn    IndexerProgram    Resource patching failed.

Full log attached: 3124.Logos4Indexer.log

Here's the follow-up log, which shows that despite the error, the files downloaded and indexed correctly:7457.Logos4Indexer.log

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 9:35 AM | Locked

This is the Logos4Indexer after the download but before the re-start.

0407.Logos4Indexer.zip

Thanks

Regards, SteveF

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 9:54 AM | Locked

SteveF, Keep Smiling, Mark, et al.

Thanks for these logs; this is exactly what I was looking for. It helped narrow the problem down more, but unfortunately still doesn't provide enough information for me to solve it. I've added more logging to Beta 6; once that is released, please buy more pre-pubs so you have new books to download Wink and post another set of logs here.

Graham,

Your logs show that the program worked as intended. It's reassuring that know that it is working properly on some computers, but it's still a mystery to me why it consistently works for some users (including all my test accounts) and not for others. If you do download new resources once Beta 6 is released, please post logs again, but otherwise don't worry about trying to reproduce the problem.

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2011 9:41 PM | Locked

In case this got forgotten in all the excitement over PBB, this is just a reminder that Talmud download logs would be greatly appreciated...Smile

Update: I've just been informed that 4.3 Beta 6 may have problems downloading and/or discovering some of the Talmud resources, so it may have been premature for me to ask for logs. (I haven't confirmed this yet, but just be aware that there may or may not be problems with this download. Hopefully more details will be available tomorrow.)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2011 10:16 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

In case this got forgotten in all the excitement over PBB, this is just a reminder that Talmud download logs would be greatly appreciated...Smile

Update: I've just been informed that 4.3 Beta 6 may have problems downloading and/or discovering some of the Talmud resources, so it may have been premature for me to ask for logs. (I haven't confirmed this yet, but just be aware that there may or may not be problems with this download. Hopefully more details will be available tomorrow.)

Logos 4.3 Beta 6 on Mac downloaded 2 Talmud resources (40 MB), discovered, and indexed (attached archive also includes 4.3 Beta 6 download and update):

0755.43Beta6.zip

Plan to follow-up with Logos 4.3 Beta 6 PC logs later.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 1:36 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
 I've just been informed that 4.3 Beta 6 may have problems downloading and/or discovering some of the Talmud resources, so it may have been premature for me to ask for logs.

I downloaded the Talmud on beta six yesterday with no obvious problems, but in the PBB excitement, forgot about logs until halfway through indexing. Sorry!

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 3:19 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
In case this got forgotten in all the excitement over PBB, this is just a reminder that Talmud download logs would be greatly appreciated...

Here's a small log of three recent patches. The only lines of note are ones like this:

2011-06-02 23:14:54.2689    6    Error    ResourceUtility    Creating volume at 'C:\Users\Mark Barnes\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\5amtqjih.p4f\UpdateManager\Resources\2345\DOUAYRHEIMS.logos4'.

0028.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 7:22 PM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Plan to follow-up with Logos 4.3 Beta 6 PC logs later.

Living and learning: when Logos 4 resources are ready to install, closing Logos 4 allows Indexer to start discovery, followed by indexing.  Before closing Logos 4, moved log files into 01-Download folder, when went to "restart Logos 4", found Indexing status Geeked

Attached zip file has two Logos4Indexer.log files:

8004.43b6-Resources.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 9:57 AM | Locked

And here's the log from my EEC download. The same "Error: ResourceUtility: Creating Volume…" error as above.

4336.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 4:36 PM | Locked

Whilst downloading D-R update a "Creating volume" error occurred but it subsequently indexed OK.

8611.Download_DR.log

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:38 AM | Locked
Biblical Commentary on the New Testament (6 vols.)
4478.Logos4Indexer.zip

Regards, SteveF

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 8 2011 11:55 PM | Locked

Logos 4.3 Beta 7 on Mac needed many download sessions:

2313.43Beta7.zip

In contrast, Logos 4.3 Beta 7 on PC needed one download session (after recent purchase):

5706.43b7.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS