Highlighting Passages That Are Referenced In Notes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 21 2011 8:30 PM

Hey everybody,

Is there a way to have my Bible highlight any of the passages that are referenced in a notes file? Allow me to expand...

Say I have a note that covers Romans 6:1-4. The note icon only appears at the start of the first verse (Romans 6:1, in this case). Unless I open the notes file, I don't know that verses 2-4 are covered in that note.

I realize I can add individual notes for each verse (and I do that in some cases), but I didn't know if I could get some final result like: if a passage has a note attached to it, it gets XYZ highlighting scheme applied to it.

Maybe I'm lazy or the Logos nerd in me is coming out. :)

Blessings,

Brian

Posts 35556
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 8:51 PM

Brian Maag:
Is there a way to have my Bible highlight any of the passages that are referenced in a notes file?

If you attach the note to the selection it will be highlighted - but it will appear only in the one Bible.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 9:00 PM

As MJ has said you do this with Selection.

1.  Open the note file that you want to add your note to.

2. In the Bible that you want to add your note, drag your mouse over the text that you want highlighted for your note. Then Right click on the selected text.

3. In the Right Click menu, click on Selection.

4. Now at the bottom right side of the right click menu, click on the note file that you want to add your note to.

5. In your note file you can select the color of the highlighting by clicking on the little color box to the left of your note.

• You do need to be aware that this type of note will only show up in the specific Bible that you created the note in.

See this wiki article: Adding a note via highlighting text in a Bible resource

EDIT: to make sure that your highlighting shows up in your Bible that you added it to, you will need to make sure that your Note file is checked in the Visual Filter Menu of your Bible.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS