Logos 4 Stopped Working

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 28 2011 6:46 AM

Two weeks ago I was hospitalized and had my pacemaker and defribulator upgraded and haven't felt up to setting in front of my computer until today. Logos 4 had been working fine but this morning when I attempt to run it it displays my default layout and then immediately displays a less than helpful windows message stating that Logos 4 has stopped working and the only option is to close the program.

As far as I can tell, all my other applications work without a problem. I noted in the system restore points that Logos 4 had been upgraded recently so I attempted to restore to a point prior to the upgrade but could not. I then tried every restore point listed and still am unable to restore my system. This would seem to indicate a problem other that Logos although as I stated, everything else seems to work flawlessly.

I had run virus scans, spam scaans and disabled the antivirus and firewall and still crashes Logos 4 and unable to restore to any prior restore point.

Any idea? I am using Windows 7 Professional.

Michael

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 7:07 AM

Followed Mark Smith's tip at this address http://community.logos.com/forums/p/29317/217118.aspx#217118 and was able to open Logos 4. Changed to a different layout and works fine. Swithched to a snapshot of my default layout of three weeks ago and Logos works fine but not with the same layout on any more recent date. I assume that there may be a book that is open in the newer version of the layout that is causing this but not sure. At any rate I'm back operational.

Michael

Posts 26954
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 4:54 PM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
At any rate I'm back operational.

I'm glad you are back physically operational!

As for the software ... it can provide some feedback if you enable permanent logging, load a problem layout and then upload logs (see link in that wiki article).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS