NASB or NLT translations?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Stephen Powers | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 14 2011 9:25 AM

Hello,

I was curious if the Biblia API will eventually support either the NASB or NLT translations? Is there any service out there right now that would allow me to display such translations on my own site?

Thank you,

Stephen Powers

Posts 394
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smiþ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 11:02 AM

Not in it's current form. We can't provide those Bibles to anyone who doesn't have a license for them. In order to verify license status, we will need to implement an authentication system that we don't currently have in place. It's something we'd like to add in the future, but don't currently have enough developers.

Posts 11757
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 3:22 AM

Bryan Smith:

Not in it's current form. We can't provide those Bibles to anyone who doesn't have a license for them. In order to verify license status, we will need to implement an authentication system that we don't currently have in place. It's something we'd like to add in the future, but don't currently have enough developers.

You ought to be able to get a licence for NASB. Lockman Foundation have given one to the American Bible Society for their API, and they even gave one to me, for my own API.

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:55 AM

Mark Barnes:
You ought to be able to get a licence for NASB. Lockman Foundation have given one to the American Bible Society for their API, and they even gave one to me, for my own API.

Mark,

May I ask what you are working on that you need your own API and NASB license from Lockman?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Posts 11757
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 12:30 PM

Scott S:

May I ask what you are working on that you need your own API and NASB license from Lockman?

Nothing to do with Logos, I'm afraid. I'm the author of SermonBrowser, a WordPress plugin that allows churches to manage sermons on their own websites. The plugin adds the Bible text to the page, and when I was originally developing it only the ESV and NET bibles had APIs (plus the KJV from Living Stones). To cater for users who wanted other versions (particularly non-English versions), I built my own Bible API (this was in April 2009 before api.biblia.com and www.bibles.org/api existed). It's still available at http://www.4-14.org.uk/xml-bible-web-service-api . It receives around 40,000 requests per day. Because bibles.org set up their API for the NASB shortly after I received permission, I've never officially added it to the list of versions I support, but it is available.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.