Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has stopped working

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 651
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 5:14 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
I'll keep trying to find that "" file and delete it somehow.. Angry

THE LOST HAS BEEN FOUND and DELETED.........

Posts 651
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 5:24 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Bill Shewmaker:
I'll keep trying to find that "" file and delete it somehow.. Angry

THE LOST HAS BEEN FOUND and DELETED.........

A quick way to find your Logos4 files is to right click on the desktop icon and check the properties. You will find the complete address to the files in the properties "shortcut" tab.

I am finally able to continue my download of .8GB...thanks for all the help/advice/prayers, etc.

Posts 651
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:17 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

A quick way to find your Logos4 files is to right click on the desktop icon and check the properties. You will find the complete address to the files in the properties "shortcut" tab.

I am finally able to continue my download of .8GB...thanks for all the help/advice/prayers, etc.

I was able to complete my final download before I retired for the evening and then started the indexing process. When I awoke this morning, I was relieved to find my indexing was completed while I was sleeping...NOW I can see the tremendous power in Logos4. It was well worth the wait and frustration.

Posts 11
Janet Devine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:52 PM

I am having the same problem with the "Indexing stopped working"  I have installed L4 on my Win7 machine 3 times now.  I finally have all my resources but the indexing is a problem with my searching.  Should I delete that DownloadManager.db file?  It sounds like that could cause other problems.

Another interesting thing is I downloaded L4 from the website but it would not install.  I have had to use the DVD I ordered.  I thought the website might have a newer version.

Thank you for any help,

Janet Devine

Posts 26795
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 3:16 PM

JanetDevine:

I am having the same problem with the "Indexing stopped working"  I have installed L4 on my Win7 machine 3 times now.  I finally have all my resources but the indexing is a problem with my searching.  Should I delete that DownloadManager.db file?  It sounds like that could cause other problems.

Another interesting thing is I downloaded L4 from the website but it would not install.  I have had to use the DVD I ordered.  I thought the website might have a newer version.

Delete it -  the only problem was finding it! You should get a program update automatically after that (or encourage it with Update now in the Command bar).

If that fails, you can update via  http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1
Tom G | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 6:14 AM

I have been experiencing the same problem, i.e. cannot download and indexing quits. I hate to ask, but can you give me a simple way to correct the problem? I saw someone recommended deleting a file, but that concerns me unless it is the only way to go.

Thanks

Tom

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS