BHS in Exegetical guide??

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Just_Jeff | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 29 2011 11:16 AM

Alright, I know that there is an easy solution to this, but I have searched and searched and tried and tried and can't come up with a solution.  My problem is OT passages in the Exegetical guide.  If I run a search, the automatic choice for a bible (though I have tried to change it many many times) is ESV reverse interlinear.  With this bible selected, the guide works just fine.  However, if I select any other bible from the dropdown (specifically BHS w/ or w-out morphology), no information appears in the word by word.  Any help?

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 11:37 AM

Jeff Oetter:
 However, if I select any other bible from the dropdown (specifically BHS w/ or w-out morphology), no information appears in the word by word.

Works for me in Exodus 1:1–5. What passage were you using?

Posts 26
Just_Jeff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 12:01 PM

just tried that passage to no avail.  i don't know of any passage that it has ever worked in.

Posts 5255
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 12:35 PM

Jeff Oetter:
If I run a search, the automatic choice for a bible (though I have tried to change it many many times) is ESV reverse interlinear.

As I understand it the 'Automatic Choice will be the first Bible in your priorities list that can supply the relevant data.

So,  like you I get a default to the ESV.

However when I select BHS/WIVU I get

I get

etc

Is this what you are doing - it does take a few moments for the swap to take place.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 26
Just_Jeff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 12:45 PM

those are the exact steps that I take yes, but with different results. For the ESV, our screens look the same, but after choosing BHS, nothing shows up in the word by word section.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 4:51 PM

I can set mine so that no words show, but that's because my settings for that section look like this:

Clicking on any of the choices in that lower section of the settings menu will cause the appropriate words to automatically populate in that section.  You many want to check that just to make sure that's not the issue.

Alternately, you should be able to click on individual words in the grey boxes to populate those words manually.  Does that work for you?

Posts 26
Just_Jeff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 8:25 PM

ya, i checked that too.  i didn't think it could be the problem since it works great with one book and not the other, but i checked it anyhow (probably about 15 times).  still at a loss?!?

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 10:46 AM

And does clicking individual words populate the results for those words?

A known issue in the Word by Word section of the Exegetical Guide involving the behavior you're describing was previously reported when a section of the guide had been removed.  You may want to try clicking on 'Delete This Guide' in the panel menu to see if that produces different behavior.

Otherwise, if you could confirm which version you are running (go to the 'Logos Bible Software 4' menu, click on 'About Logos Bible Software 4' and report the version listed on the first line) and include your logs that would be helpful: http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Posts 26
Just_Jeff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 11:25 AM

started a new guide template, same behavior.  works fine with ESV, but not BHS.  Checked the version, listed as logos 5, but in the about section, 4.2a SR-4.

I'll post a log soon.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 12:44 PM

Your program is a few updates behind.  The current stable release is 4.2b SR-1.

You can type "Update Now" (without quote marks) into the command bar to initiate an update or by closing the program and running the setup link for the program: http://www.logos.com/logos4mac

Once you've updated, re-test the behavior to see if that's resolved the issue for you.

Posts 26
Just_Jeff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 1:02 PM

I had tried the 'update now' command a few times and figured that there were just no updates.  Downloaded the current update from logos.com and now everything works great.  Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS