You didn't buy Cambridge - John's Epistles on Amazon Did You?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 30 2011 5:00 PM

Already someone accidentally lost out on the Cambridge Bible community bid. Now it's in development for $200, and who knows its future regular Logos price.

What about the Cambridge Greek Testament that is still in Community pricing ( http://www.logos.com/product/8528/cambridge-greek-testament-for-schools-and-colleges )?

If you didn't own Logos, you'd be looking at the paperback version on Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0521141117/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link ).  $22 just for John's Epistles!

Lucky for you,  you own Logos software.

You can bid the WHOLE SET for $28!

You're thinking ... hmmm ... should I sign up?

Yes, you should. Here's why:

(1) Many of its authors are even now, well known. Compare to the ICC volumes (which of course you can't afford). Take for example 2nd Peter in the CGT. Read why Origen thought 2nd Peter was indeed Petrine.

(2) It's quite readable. This is one of its big plus's. (On the negative side, it was released before the koine papyri had their effect).

(3) Best: it'd make a great gift. Look down the road ... you ARE going to help others aren't you? Maybe a student or young pastor? $28 plus a transfer fee for 21 volumes?

Read more opinions: ... http://community.logos.com/forums/p/21101/158238.aspx#158238

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 5:07 PM

+1

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 1502
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 5:18 PM

Yes

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 5:32 PM

Denise Barnhart:
Already someone accidentally lost out on the Cambridge Bible community bid. Now it's in development for $200, and who knows its future regular Logos price.

If someone still wants The Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges the Pre-Pub price still works out to less than $4 per volume.

It is sad to see people miss out on the Community Pricing deals because the savings are so incredible.

Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges (21 vols.) for $28 .........

Lock in both sets today and they average just over $3 per volume. And while you are there, check out the other Community Pricing titles.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9482
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 8:16 PM

Denise Barnhart:
What about the Cambridge Greek Testament that is still in Community pricing ( http://www.logos.com/product/8528/cambridge-greek-testament-for-schools-and-colleges) ?

Denise, can you edit this link by making sure the close parenthesis, space, and question mark are not included as part of the link? It doesn't work as it appears.

BTW: I was in early on this and agree that it is well wroth having, especially for the potential CP price.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 8:38 PM

Done. Sorry!!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 4:23 AM

Interesting title, Denise. I initially thought someone was posting spam, but now pleased that I looked anyway. I have been in on both Cambridge offerings for some time.

Good reminder for others. Thanks for posting.

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 7:49 AM

WOW!!!  Thanks Guys.

Thomas

Posts 2720
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 8:52 AM

Such a deal! OK I bid.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 609
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 10:05 AM

I am in. Great deal.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS