Footnotes Not Displaying Page Numbers in Word

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 26 2011 4:46 AM | Locked

I am trying to wean myself off of running Windows on my Mac, and Logos 4 has been a big catalyst for that.  As I study for my sermons, I am constantly copying and pasting information from Logos to Microsoft Word.  In Windows, everything worked as expected - footnotes automatically generate...show as Turabian (according to settings)...and display the proper page numbers.

Now in Mac, everything footnote automatically generates...shows as Turabian...but no page numbers! 

I checked my settings for anything that would allow or repress them from showing but couldn't find anything.  I also am running 4.3 Beta 13 (4.30.0.1437) and Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac if that helps.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide.

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 5:04 AM | Locked

Quick Update - I just pasted a paragraph from:

Donald A. Hagner, vol. 33A, Word Biblical Commentary : Matthew 1-13, Word Biblical Commentary (Dallas: Word, Incorporated, 2002), 163.

As you can see, the page number displays.  However, when I paste text from NIDNTT and TDNT, no page numbers appear in the footnotes. 

I also just pasted from:

Thomas Tehan and David Abernathy, An Exegetical Summary of the Sermon on the Mount, 2nd ed. (Dallas, TX: SIL International, 2008), 136.

Page numbers generated.  So, it looks to be some resources and not others.  In Windows all of these resources cited as expected.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 10:49 AM | Locked

Looking at your examples, it appears the issue might be with resources indexed by 'Volume/Page' rather than 'Page'. We'll look into this.

Edit: I just tested my theory and was proved wrong. :o)   I copied from "The Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament," which is indexed by Volume/Page, and pasted into Word, and the page number was included. I'll report the problem with the two books that aren't working.

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2011 10:55 AM | Locked

Thanks!

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:48 AM | Locked

Just to let you know...I have observed more examples of this with other books - Pillar NT Commentary (Matthew) - is one that comes to mind.

Thanks for looking into this.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 10:28 AM | Locked

Jeff Terrell:

Just to let you know...I have observed more examples of this with other books - Pillar NT Commentary (Matthew) - is one that comes to mind.

Thanks for looking into this.

Thank you.

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 7:14 AM | Locked

Quick update - I have noticed most of the footnotes have begun displaying correctly.  Don't know if that is because of updates (if so, thank you!). 

Still having issues with TDNT.  Just fyi...

Thanks.

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 9:06 AM | Locked

Another update...

I am currently running:  4.5 Beta 4 (4.50.0.1275) and am still experiencing footnotes not displaying - especially ISBE, among others.

Thanks.

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 9:18 AM | Locked

Hello,

I am currently running 4.5 Beta 9 and am still experiencing this issue - especially with ISBE - where pages are not displaying in the footnotes. I am planning on creating Personal Books from my exegetical research, and this being corrected would be very helpful for future reference.

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to assist.

Thank you for your time.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS