Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 28 2011 1:06 AM | Locked

If I set a milestone such as [[@topic:my_topic]] has anyone figured out the syntax to create an internal link to it from somewhere else in the same book??

if it were html I would use an anchor tag, but being docx am unsure how this would be implemented.

For example

[[@topic:my_topic]]

my_topic

further study [[Text_Link|pos=?(my_topic2)|res=_what_goes_here_for internal]] 

my topic text

[[@topic:my_topic2]]

my_topic2

further study [[Text_Link|pos=?(my_topic)|res=_what_goes_here_for internal]] 

my topic2 text

Thanks for your help in anticipation..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 33733
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 1:14 AM | Locked

I think I just used the standard Microsoft link rather than using any Logos tags

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 4:02 AM | Locked

Good morning MJ. How about creating a video on internal links, after the release candidate ships.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 5:33 AM | Locked

Lynden, Are the instruction in the MS Word help file not enough? Here they are on the web for 2007 but it should be very much the same for other versions: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/create-format-or-delete-a-hyperlink-HA010165929.aspx#BM3

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 5:51 AM | Locked

thanks I was hoping for something I could drop in programmatically whilst parsing/ the inbound text document before opening it in word, ok Guess I need to do it in Word, that might be a pain in the proverbial..

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 5:55 AM | Locked

Thanks Kevin. Was not aware of that. A video on the wiki would be nice. The notes for upcoming RC1 seems to indicate that they might place something in the panel similar to what we have for topics, wiki and email.

This would be the easiest option, for those who do not want to or timid to go through the hyperlinking process.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 27222
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:02 AM | Locked

DominicM:
If I set a milestone such as [[@topic:my_topic]] has anyone figured out the syntax to create an internal link to it from somewhere else in the same book??

Which reminds me that @topic is deprecated and one should use @headword (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/35093/268716.aspx#268716). I've updated the wiki PB article to reflect this.

The change can be accomplished via a global replacement of @topic with @headword in most cases.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:18 AM | Locked

Thanks Dave for the reminder, I had forgotton.. Sad

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2011 3:26 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:
I think I just used the standard Microsoft link rather than using any Logos tags

Has anyone got this to work?

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 7:30 AM | Locked

[[text_to_display >> logosres:bcpdolect;art=title]] does not work for me, I have to add hyperlink in word

but what I really want to do now is open todays reading in bcpdolect like above , does anyone know the syntax?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 7:43 AM | Locked

DominicM:
but what I really want to do now is open todays reading in bcpdolect like above , does anyone know the syntax?

Dominic,

your specific example may be fixed per release notes in RC1, see Known Issues and the last bullet there

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4.3_RC_1

EDIT: also see the PB wiki, Dave has made some updates to the Resource Links area which might make it easier to get to specific locations in your book. Resource links  but you will still need to apply the above captialization after art.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS