Logos 4 hangs my entire mac air after upgrade to Lion. Must restarts to close it

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28
Dr. Michael Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 30 2011 11:28 AM

Ever since I upgraded to Lion on my Macbook air (Oct 2010 version) Logos 4 hangs during searching.  The hang is so complete, I cannot force quit the app.  The only way to fully close the app is to restart the machine.  This makes this program totally unusable.  This is very disappointing and means I cannot use Logos to prepare my sermon this week.

-- 

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 12:11 PM

Wonder which version of Logos 4 Mac ?

Also wondering about search ?  would like to try replicating search using Logos 4.3 Release Candidate 1 (could reply with search results)

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac has steps for including diagnostic log file archive; would like to look at Logos4.log and Indexer.log files.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 28
Dr. Michael Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 1:11 PM

My version of Logos 4 is 4.2b SR-2 (4.22.5.1115)

Open logos, search your entire library for thankful.  I tried it on my PC and found that there were over 2,200 occurrences.  I try it on my mac and it hangs and will not quit.

It has been an interesting experience searching for thankful and preaching a sermon on thankfulness tomorrow and my logos keeps crashing.

-- 

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 28
Dr. Michael Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 1:22 PM

here are my logs

5415.Logging.zip

-- 

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 2:11 PM

Michael Wilson:

here are my logs

Noticed crash occurring in search preview rich text.

Logos 4.3 Release Candidate 1 includes fixes for several search issues and OS X Lion visual glitches, one option is installing current 4.3 Beta on Mac to try out improvements (many items listed in wiki Mac and PC User Interface Differences => Feature Parity section) plus Personal Book Builder (PBB).

Logos 4.3 Release Candidate 1 is a Beta version that should be stable for daily use (with default update channel = stable).  Wiki has => Logos 4 Beta Program page with information and risks.  Forum thread => 4.3 Release Candidate 1 (v4.30.0.1497) has update command.  Can use wiki Mac Troubleshooting => Update Error steps to manually upgrade to 4.3 Release Candidate.

If encounter Logos 4.3 RC 1 issue(s), can post in Mac Beta forum for discussion: aware of potential sync issue and may need to enable Mac Diagnostic Logging to use saved layouts without crashing.

Observation: to fix one search result count issue in Bibles, needed to use rebuild bible index command.

Michael Wilson:

Open logos, search your entire library for thankful.  I tried it on my PC and found that there were over 2,200 occurrences.  I try it on my mac and it hangs and will not quit.

It has been an interesting experience searching for thankful and preaching a sermon on thankfulness tomorrow and my logos keeps crashing.

Living and learning: appears search for thank (with match all word forms) finds a few more library articles than thankful and includes Topic section:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 28
Dr. Michael Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 2:50 PM

Thank you.  The release candidate did not hang.  I hope this will continue to work.  Maybe I'll search on hope.

-- 

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 3:07 PM

Michael Wilson:
The release candidate did not hang.  I hope this will continue to work.  Maybe I'll search on hope.

Thankful release candidate is working.  Learned hope has more articles in my library:

Found love has many more articles (119,956).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS