BUG: 4.3RC1 - Formatting error on applying highlight

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 821
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 1 2011 3:20 PM | Locked

This only happens at certain window widths - I resized a couple of times and the problem righted itself but reappeared when the window was returned to its original size:

I'm on XP Pro Sp3.

Thanks
Richard 

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:47 AM | Locked

I tried to reproduce all of your highlighting styles and apply them as you did above, and then resized the resource panel (NIV84, correct?), but was not able to reproduce the problem above. What is the Column setting? Have you made any customizations, such as Font, Text Size, etc. that would help us to duplicate it? Thanks.

Posts 821
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:51 PM | Locked

Hi 

Sorry for delay in replying ... I hadn't ticked the "email me replies" option.

Columns is set to None, and it is NIV84. This time it's Deut 12:7. The highlight styles only apply colour and images - no mods to text settings at all.

It's happened again, and it's always when I use the numbered bullets I created - these are displayed immediately before the highlighted text, and they push the text over the margin. I guess the extra space taken up by the bullet is not being included in the justification calculations.

Here's another instance of it, and also the settings for that highlighter style.

Thanks
Richard

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 7:40 AM | Locked

Richard Lyall:
It's happened again, and it's always when I use the numbered bullets I created - these are displayed immediately before the highlighted text, and they push the text over the margin. I guess the extra space taken up by the bullet is not being included in the justification calculations

I created the numbered bullets using Label Text rather than Image (I don't have an image file for the number). I tested one of the images available in the program, and was still not able to reproduce the problem. Perhaps the image you chose has extra space around it. Can you attach that file?  Meanwhile, you might try using the Label Text instead (see below).

Posts 821
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 1:20 PM | Locked

Hi

Thanks - I've attached a ZIP file with some of my numbered bullets in it, but I will also try the method you describe.

Cheers
Richard

1643.Misc.zip

Posts 821
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 1:26 PM | Locked

Ah - it's happened again with the numbered bullets using the method you described.

I suspect it's something to do with a second highlight style applied to the same text - the one which adds the orange bar down the left - settings below:

Thanks
Richard

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 2:02 PM | Locked

Using the same highlights, I haven't been able to reproduce exactly what you're seeing with text, truncated or not, in the margin, but I have been able to reproduce the numbered bullets and a bit of the orange highlighter appearing in the margin when I resize the panel just right. I'll submit a report to development with screenshots from both of our systems. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS