Summarization with Visual Filters

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 3:58 AM

In L3 there is a very useful option to add a visual filter to summarise a resource, however I can't find a way of achieving this in version 4. I've tried the help, forum and training videos but done seems to give a clue about how to achieve it. Can anyone help?

thanks,

Paul

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:22 AM

you want...

Just make sure in the resource you set the filter up for you select the name of the visual filter you create...

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:30 AM

Thanks for the quick response Philip - i can see how to create a new Filter, but what do I type into the find box in the Visual filter document to produce a summary of a resource?  If I type summary or summarization it simply highlights those words rather than show a summary of the resource like L3 did.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:35 AM

PaulMeathrel:

Thanks for the quick response Philip - i can see how to create a new Filter, but what do I type into the find box in the Visual filter document to produce a summary of a resource?  If I type summary or summarization it simply highlights those words rather than show a summary of the resource like L3 did.

got ya. I'm not sure how to do this. I never used summary in L3 because i didn't trust it.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:37 AM

Thanks for trying to help anyway! 

Posts 1722
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:18 PM

Sorry -- we didn't implement summarization. We weren't sure it was used much, so we put it way at the bottom of the list. I'll take this as a vote to bring it back!

-- Bob

Posts 49
John A. Murphy, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:44 PM

Yes!  Bring it back.  It made Evelyn Wood look slow!  (She's the one that used to teach speed reading).  Though I only had LOGOS3 a short time before the upgrade I did enjoy this option.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS