Apple's Migration Assistant & Missing Resources

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Kelly Stanley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 8 2011 6:32 AM

I purchased a new Macbook Pro and used Migration Assistant to transfer all my data from my old Macbook Pro to this one. Everything transferred perfectly, I thought. All my other programs work without any problems -- except Logos 4. When I go to it, no matter which resource I click on it says it is missing. I know they had to be transferred but I do not know how to find them or how to tell Logos 4 where they are. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 7:00 AM

Hi Kelly - and welcome to the forums.

I don't use a Mac but I know that the instructions at http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs have helped people trying to do what you are doing.

There are some very knowledgeable Mac users around who I am sure will chime in shortly.

Hope you get it working soon.

Graham 

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 7:04 AM

Kelly, 

I wonder if your issue is the need to index. I believe the command is "rebuild index." You may, however, want to view the Wiki for Mac instructions for help installing on multiple macs.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2258
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 10:09 AM

On your old machine under Users: Your Name: Library: Application Support is a Logos 4 folder. If you have everything on your new machine that's in there, it should be ok. Something is probably not transferring.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2
Kelly Stanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 2:12 PM

Thank you. When I used Apple's Migration Assistant, it would not allow me to transfer to my new computer with the same previous user name (previous user name -- revpilot). It made me create a new user name on the new Macbook Pro. I don't know if I did something wrong because it took me a couple of attempts to figure how to use Migration Assistant. When I look under "users" there was both the old one (rev pilot -- with all the folders marked over with a red line) and the new user name -- flyboynnc. Under the old one nothing was there, but under the new one all my data -- everything was there.

When I go to user name > flyboynnc/library/application support/logos4/data/gy3w3fum.hwu/resources . . . it seems the data is there but I do not know how to reindex it to the new user name or if that is what I am suppose to do or if that is the problem. Any suggestions. I might have to call Tech Support on this one. Thanks so much.

God bless

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2011 6:24 PM

With user name change, sounds like wiki  Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs => Duplicate Logos 4 Mac Installation steps to copy Logos 4 folder done by Apple's Migration Assistant (duplicate steps has worked for some; failed for others).

Option: could use Mac Troubleshooting => Update Error steps to manually update Logos 4 Mac application.

Note: Logos 4.3 Release Candidate (RC) 3 is current Beta version (should be stable for daily use); as a Logos user, am anticipating stable 4.3 release soon.  If have been using stable 4.2b SR-2 version, know Logos 4.3 RC 3 needs rebuild bible index done to fix a bible search result count issue.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS