Logos 3 Personal Book Builder files and Logos 4 Personal Book

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Bob Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:14 PM

I'm glad to see Personal Books in Logos 4. I have about a dozen Personal Books I created under the original PBB software. How do I get them added to my Logos 4 collection?

Bob Smith

Rev. Robert E. Smith

Electronic Resources Librarian

Concordia Theological Seminary

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:21 PM

The best way will be to open the original source files in Word and save as a docx. You will also want to take a look at updating the tagging (should be relatively easy with global search and replace.

Once you are happy with your new source files you can compile them in L4.

Posts 8
Bob Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:31 PM

Thanks! That would work OK for me. But what about others who received the original book in PBB format? It would be awkard to distribute them as docx files to everyone who had them. Are their any plans for an import feature?

Posts 239
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:43 PM

Hi!

Logos will introduce a PB online sharing system. So, in the near future (hopefully soon) you can put your Personal Books to public share, where people can download them same way as the normal Logos resources. They will also sync between computers etc. My suggestion is to wait until this function will be added and start sharing after that, so everyone will get the latest updates to te books automatically, if there will be some corrections etc.

Are you planning to publish Lutheran resources in Logos 4 PB -format? I'd like to see them more in Logos.

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 8
Bob Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:59 PM

I would love to do so, but the time investment is great as compared to creating resources in PDF. Since PDF is available to anyone with a computer and internet access, it is much better in terms of stewardship of time to develop them.  I will consider remaking the ones we've already done, but I can't promise that much will happen here. Our institutional repository http://media.ctsfw.edu has to take precedent.

Bob

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS