NIV OT Reverse Interlinear missing.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Mark McCaghrey | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 14 2011 2:12 PM

Hi,

I have Logos 4.3 with the Scholar's (KF) Base Package running under Windows 7. I keep the software updated and before logging this message have updated to the latest version and run update resources just to be sure ("No updates available").

According to the Base Package list (http://www.logos.com/images%5CScreenshots%5CComparisonChartFinal_2011.pdf) and previous discussions on this point I think I should have the NIV OT RI as part of my package.

But I don't.

I have the OT RI  for the NRSV, ESV, NKJV and  NAS95. I have the 1984 version of the NIV not the 2011. I have the Greek Interlinear. I have checked in the About page of the NIV and the file is not listed at the bottom and nor is it in the Resources folder when I do a search.

(And by the way I don't have the OT interlinear for the NLT either, which again the list seems to suggest  I should have. This makes me wonder what other resources are missing).

How do I correct this problem and get the resource(s) please? Is there more information required to resolve this issue?

With thanks.

Mark

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2011 2:21 PM

Mark,

Welcome to the forums. You've got nothing wrong. The NIV OT reverse interlinear is not completed yet. When you bought the base package there was a bit of fine print that you got the licenses and will get the files when they are completed.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2011 2:22 PM

You're not missing anything, it's not out yet. See

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28219/210586.aspx#210586

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2011 2:30 PM

Mark McCaghrey:
I have Logos 4.3 with the Scholar's (KF) Base Package...

Mark McCaghrey:
I have the 1984 version of the NIV not the 2011.

Mark - 

First, welcome to the Forums!

I am fairly certain that the KF package was the one that came after the transition to NIV 2011 had already occurred (package wise). I think if you check, you will discover this to be the case. Anyways, the 2011 RI is not ready. I think it will be a while, but others think it will come soon. Who knows.

If you want to check, click on the "info" button on the top right of your NIV (see first screenshot below). That will pull up the info page. See 2nd screen shot.

Let me know if you find out something different.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2011 2:42 PM

Phil Gons:

We just released a new version of all nine of our base packages (KF), 

1. At Zondervan’s request, we’ve replaced the TNIV and NIV (1984) with the new 2011 NIV. 

Here is more info on the KF Base Package.

Posts 11
Mark McCaghrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:01 AM

Hi again,

Thanks for the warm welcomes, and the swift responses.

Thanks for clarifying the issue surround the NIV OT RI. A pity - but I look forward with anticipation to its release.

I have the 1984 NIV as I am a Logos 3 user who upgraded to KF via SE, and I checked the second page just as suggested before posting, but thanks for the information.

However if I can make a request of the Logos guys please? I spent some time yesterday before I posted trying to find definitive advice on the question of the NIV OT RI, checking the forums and the main logos site and googling. Only then did I post. And then I was told the information I needed was available on a 6 month old reply to a thread dealing with base packages.

It would be really handy to have a list of "work in progress" on the main site listing resources that are being still being finished off and an estimated delivery date. I realise that there is a lot of work involved in releasing resources, and that estimated dates can't always be kept, but a simple way of finding out this information would be really helpful, particularly when the information that says a resource is part of a package is so prominent.

With every blessing and thanks again for your help,

Mark

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:26 AM

Mark McCaghrey:
I have the 1984 NIV as I am a Logos 3 user who upgraded to KF via SE

Mark - 

I too would love to have a "work in progress" page, but think it is unlikely. When a date is missed, it causes great consternation on the part of many. If you feel strongly about this, you should post a thread in the suggestions forum. 

Also, should you not also have the NIV 2011 if you have KF?

Posts 12062
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:32 AM

Mark,

Mark McCaghrey:
It would be really handy to have a list of "work in progress" on the main site listing resources that are being still being finished off and an estimated delivery date.

Your idea of a work in progress page with estimated delivery dates sounds good on first hearing. By reading some more on the forum you'll find that it is (for whatever reason) not all too uncommon for Logos to not meet estimated delivery dates for feature enhancements or resources. This has led to much frustration by some users, so I recall some forum regulars advising Logos to refrain from delivery plan announcements altogether. Also an open list of work in process and estimated completion might kindle the priority debates ("estimated shipment of their feature is earlier than mine", "why has my delivery date been postponed and theirs not") already existing between adherents of various platforms - Bob had to weigh in to explain some people that Logos developers working on not their platform didn't take away focus from their pet since it was another team etc. So I don't know whether full transparency is really a good idea.

Mark McCaghrey:
the information I needed was available on a 6 month old reply to a thread dealing with base packages

The detail info on the NIV and NLT RI is clearly indicated with footnotes on the contents page of the KF base package http://www.logos.com/contents/scholars#interlinearbibles - I think this is the "fine print" referred to yesterday:

Interlinear Bibles2

• ESV English–Greek Reverse Interlinear of the New Testament
  • ESV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear of the Old Testament
  • Interlinear Literal Translation of the Greek New Testament (Newberry)
  • KJV Cambridge Paragraph English–Greek Reverse Interlinear
  • KJV Cambridge Paragraph English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear
  • KJV English–Greek Reverse Interlinear
  • KJV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear
  • LEB English–Greek Reverse Interlinear
  • Lexham Greek–English Septuagint Interlinear
  • NASB95 English–Greek Reverse Interlinear
  • NASB95 English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear
  • NIV English–Greek Reverse Interlinear1
  • NIV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear1
  • NKJV English–Greek Reverse Interlinear
  • NKJV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear
  • NLT English–Greek Reverse Interlinear1
  • NLT English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear1
  • NRSV English–Greek Reverse Interlinear
  • NRSV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear
^1. License included with purchase. Files coming soon. ^2. Reverse interlinears are not separate resources. They are integrated into the corresponding Bibles in your library.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:00 AM

NewbieMick:
^1. License included with purchase. Files coming soon. ^2. Reverse interlinears are not separate resources. They are integrated into the corresponding Bibles in your library.

"Coming soon" appears to be a relative term since L4 was first introduced and sold almost 2 years ago.

Posts 12062
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 7:42 AM

Edwin Bowden:

NewbieMick:
1. License included with purchase. Files coming soon. 2. Reverse interlinears are not separate resources. They are integrated into the corresponding Bibles in your library.

"Coming soon" appears to be a relative term since L4 was first introduced and sold almost 2 years ago.

I think it's a common saying here in the Logos fourm that "soon" sometimes needs to be interpreted along the lines of "soon and very soon, we're going to see the king". That said, I don't know whether this info on the page (regarding KF package) is two years old or not, but generating RI's seems to me one of the most challenging tasks in terms of producing a Logos resource. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS