Highlighting Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Christine Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:58 PM

I have loved the new PBB.  You have done a great job and it is a wonderful tool.  Thank you.

My personal commentary and teaching materials are a work in progress with new information being added as things are shared and others add new perspectives or I see new insights.  They grow as I grow.  I would like to mark & highlight them as I do the Logos Bible with significant themes or special words. However, if I make changes to the word.docx then I loose all the Logos highlighting, etc...  because they are not a part of the docx document.  I would like to know more about the "add a file" feature. If I break down the books of the Bible into chapters and added each one as a file, would only the chapter that was changed be rebuilt and need to have the highlighting re-added? Would the rest of the files stay intact and the highlighting remain?

Thank you for your help.

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:16 PM

Split the content into files by chapter or book but be consistent with your formatting e.g. each book/chapter has the same Word Heading number in each file, and place the files in correct (canonical) order.

I think the highlighting would still be affected as the resource would be rebuilt using all the files. Experiment with two small files in a Book.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 18
Christine Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:23 PM

Thank you Dave, I'll give it a try.

Posts 29456
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:30 PM

Christine Francis:
if I make changes to the word.docx then I loose all the Logos highlighting, etc...  because they are not a part of the docx document.

I know this to not necessarily be true. I have highlighted a PB, edited the .docx, and the compiled book adjusted for the changes. In my case, I highlighted a section of unformatted text in a compiled PB. Then I adjusted the .docx by adding in paragraph breaks and spacing. After re-compiling, the highlights remained. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18
Christine Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 11:42 PM

I have been playing with it.  I believe you are right. 

I think what I might have been doing wrong was deleting the file  in Logos and then re-adding it. after I had made changes and saved it in docx.  The file name was the same, but the deleting in Logos would have erased everything.  Now I am not deleting it in Logos but just adding the file again and letting it rebuild.  The highlighting has been retained!  I did what you said and added the new information as a separate paragraph.  I will see what happens if I add a new sentence within a paragraph where I have highlighting. Thank you so much!  How I appreciate your taking the time to help.

(I also discovered I need to shut my Bible down in order for it not to send the message that rebuild failed.)

Posts 29456
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 4:28 AM

Glad to hear things are working better for you!

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS