Blog: fantastic offer on NICOT/NT

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 26 2011 1:00 PM

I thought I was getting a good deal in December, when I got it for $1,200.  I started grinding my teeth in frustration to see  it's now $1,000.  Now I rejoice for those who can get it for an even better price than I did.  Take it up if you can find the cash - you're not likely to get a better deal!  And I still reckon it was worth the money I paid in December!

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 1:18 PM

nicky crane:

I thought I was getting a good deal in December, when I got it for $1,200.  I started grinding my teeth in frustration to see  it's now $1,000.  Now I rejoice for those who can get it for an even better price than I did.  Take it up if you can find the cash - you're not likely to get a better deal!  And I still reckon it was worth the money I paid in December!

NIcky, I did the same thing in Dec.

For those who don't have the set, take advantage of this. What a deal!!

db 

Posts 910
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:14 PM

I feel like Logos is calling my bluff. I was lamenting a few days ago on this forum that I did not get the NICOT/NT when it was offered on pre-pub a couple of years ago, plus it was one of the very few pre-pubs that could be used with a payment plan. And now the price is really close to the pre-pub price, if I recall correctly.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1129
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:18 PM

Bill Moore:
And now the price is really close to the pre-pub price, if I recall correctly.

Yes, sir, this was the pre-pub price so it is a great deal. 

Posts 1129
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:21 PM

nicky crane:

Nicky,

Something very similar happened to me with another commentary series.  I missed the pre-pub price and then a few years later, I had to pay another 20% but, it will even out in the long run.  I remind myself of all the great deals through community pricing!!

Posts 882
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:33 PM

Dear Lord, please deliver me from clutches of Logos' voracious marketing team!  You know I spent $600 just this morning on the incredible Nelson Bundle with the WBC which was 2nd on my lust  list behind NICOT/NT.  Then, immediately after my purchase, before the celebration was well underway, this new temptation!  I'm sure there is some vast eternal plan at work that I don't understand..... help me to be strong!  Indifferent

"I read dead people..."

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:42 PM

Joan Korte:

Bill Moore:
And now the price is really close to the pre-pub price, if I recall correctly.

Yes, sir, this was the pre-pub price so it is a great deal. 

One of my favorite "go to" commentary sets. YesYes

Logos is offering this set at an absolutely GREAT price!  It is rare for a resource to ever come this close to PrePub price once it leaves PrePub.
It really is a great second chance for those who can afford it at this time.  Payment plans are also available!

Now if the ICC set would be offered at it's PrePub price again...Hint...Hint.Big Smile

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:00 PM

Brother Mark:

Dear Lord, please deliver me from clutches of Logos' voracious marketing team!  You know I spent $600 just this morning on the incredible Nelson Bundle with the WBC which was 2nd on my lust  list behind NICOT/NT.  Then, immediately after my purchase, before the celebration was well underway, this new temptation!  I'm sure there is some vast eternal plan at work that I don't understand..... help me to be strong!  Indifferent

Mark, don't be strong--be bold! The deal on NICOT/NT is too good pass up!

db

Posts 841
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:14 PM

Buy the NIC Commentary set and spend the next 4 weeks comparing it to WBC and return the one you prefer less and/or can't afford right now within the 30-day return period.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:20 PM

THAT IS A GREAT IDEAL Stick out tongueYes

Armwood

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:23 PM

Eric

THAT IS A GREAT IDEAL Stick out tongueYes

Armwood

Posts 27107
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:38 PM

I am hoping Santa comes early... but I don't think he will Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 152
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:43 PM

I just purchased this for $300 above the sale off... :( So sad.

Posts 910
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 7:16 PM

I'm probably going to pull the trigger of this sale this time, but I suspect the thing that gave me pause the last time was having almost all of this in hardback. It's hard to commit (12-month plan) to $1K for a convenient, go-with-you-everywhere, link-to-everything-else-in-your-digital-library version of what you already have, especially when the what-I-don't-have Welwyn Commentary Series is to be released next week.

Posts 511
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 7:27 PM

Could someone offer a comment on the NIC vs. the WBC for me? I decided this week to forgo the Nelson/WBC offer, as the sense I got reading the comments in the fourm is that I would need a little working knowledge of Greek and Hebrew to be able to use it effectively. I feared that I would tend not the use the WBC if I bought it. Doess the NIC have a similiar learning curve, or is it more accessible? I don't have plans to go to seminary anytime soon, and I primarily use my resources for church lesson prep and personal study. But I don't want to pass up a once-in-a-blue-moon offer.

David

Posts 373
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 7:41 PM

Both are excellent resources. I use both. However, I use NIC first (and if time is short I might use it exclusively). If I could only have one, I would choose NIC. The NIC layout moves more of the technical details to the footnotes. Word's layout has never been my favorite - especially in electronic form.. It is easier to grab the non technical meat from NIC more easily than from Word. $1,000 is a great deal even if you have to do it in installments.

My take anyway.

Posts 910
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 7:53 PM

I agree with Danny's perspective on the WBC versus NICOT/NT. The price of the WBC is certainly more attractive, though, particularly when there is a special sale on it.

Bill

Posts 27
Brandon Vaughn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 8:00 PM

Does anyone know if you can ammend a payment plan?  I just purchased some stuff about a month ago.

Posts 9040
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 8:05 PM

8244.Romans 1_16 in WBC and NIC.pdf

Attached is Romans 1:16 from WBC and NIC. I've included the introductory material to the section (in this case 1:16-17) as well as the footnotes.

NIC does not require the original language familiarity is sometimes required in WBC as most discussions dealing with the original text are placed in footnotes.

I consider both excellent sets, but if I could have either but only one I'd choose NIC. (The low cost of WBC and its relative completeness would make it my choice if budget were the biggest concern.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27107
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2011 8:07 PM

Brandon Vaughn:

Does anyone know if you can ammend a payment plan?  I just purchased some stuff about a month ago.

It's my understanding that you can. You will want to talk with your sales rep.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS