Smoother Scrolling for NA27 w App

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 1 2011 3:44 AM | Locked

I don't usually have a problem with other books, but when I am reading NA27 w App (NA27GBS), scrolling with two fingers on a TrackPad, the movement is not fluid or smooth.  Specifically, the text starts to move, then stops, then moves again with a jump.   How can this be addressed?  I have an i5 MBP 2010 with 8gb ram and although there are other books that could scroll more smoothly, the NA27 w App is the one I've found with the biggest problem.  Thank you. 

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 4:01 AM | Locked

Okay, I realize scroll is slightly better when I turn off the link set and the information window, but still not as smooth as it should be.  But Linkset has been a core part of your product from the beginning, so I don't think I should have to not use such functionality.  I am sure there are other solutions.  Thanks.

Ross 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 8:07 AM | Locked

Curious what is included in link set ? a screenshot would be helpful.

Also wondering about Logos 4 Mac version ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 1:45 PM | Locked

Hi Ross,

I've been unsuccessful so far in trying to reproduce the behavior when scrolling the NA27GBS while linked with a couple of other Bibles, and with the Information panel open. It may help to know what resources you have linked with the NA27GBS and what other panels are open. Also, if you click on the Visual Filter icon on that book's toolbar, what checkboxes are selected?

Posts 388
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 9:53 PM | Locked

Ross Durham:

I don't usually have a problem with other books, but when I am reading NA27 w App (NA27GBS), scrolling with two fingers on a TrackPad, the movement is not fluid or smooth.  Specifically, the text starts to move, then stops, then moves again with a jump.   How can this be addressed?  I have an i5 MBP 2010 with 8gb ram and although there are other books that could scroll more smoothly, the NA27 w App is the one I've found with the biggest problem.  Thank you. 

Make sure your column button is selected to "none" (not one or auto) even though they should (all three) theoretically work the same, they don't.

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2011 7:17 AM | Locked

Finally had a chance to do more testing this morning.  When I restarted and closed everything and then slowly added links, the scrolling breaks occurred when I added the link for ESV to the existing link with GAGNT (Zerwick and Grosvenor) and Information.  I turned off all visual filters (from the icon) and I set columns to none.  The stop and go of scrolling exists when using the keyboard arrow keys as well as the mouse. 

Could it be a resource that has become corrupted?  If so, is there an elegant way to download a fresh copy or do I delete files and do an update command.

I am running: Logos Bible Software 4.3 SR-2 (4.30.0.1572)

Ross

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2011 10:28 AM | Locked

Ross Durham:

Finally had a chance to do more testing this morning.  When I restarted and closed everything and then slowly added links, the scrolling breaks occurred when I added the link for ESV to the existing link with GAGNT (Zerwick and Grosvenor) and Information.  I turned off all visual filters (from the icon) and I set columns to none.  The stop and go of scrolling exists when using the keyboard arrow keys as well as the mouse. 

Could it be a resource that has become corrupted?  If so, is there an elegant way to download a fresh copy or do I delete files and do an update command.

Thank you for narrowing down the scrolling problem to the GAGNT. I am seeing the same thing in the GAGNT, even when it is not linked to any other resource, and will submit the report.

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:02 AM | Locked

I am still having scrolling problems now with ESV (without info, or any links, none on columns).  Perhaps the file has gotten corrupted?  (But also the beach ball pops up much more often now with 4.3 SR-3.)  Is there a procedure to remove the ESV file and download a fresh copy without affecting licenses?  

Ross

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2011 8:13 AM | Locked

Ross Durham:
I am still having scrolling problems now with ESV (without info, or any links, none on columns).  Perhaps the file has gotten corrupted?  (But also the beach ball pops up much more often now with 4.3 SR-3.)  Is there a procedure to remove the ESV file and download a fresh copy without affecting licenses?  

It doesn't seem likely that the resource would have become corrupt, but you could drag the ESV from the Library to the Hidden Resources section in Program Settings and restart Logos 4. Make sure any indexing has completed, and then go back into Program Settings and remove the ESV from Hidden Resources, restart Logos 4, and it will download and reindex the resource again.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS