BUG: Library Window doesn't stay open

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 10 2011 3:40 AM

Whenever I open up my Library in a floating window from the Homepage it opens up for a brief second than minimizes itself automatically.  When I maximize it it stays open with no problem.  When I open it up from a different layout I don't have this problem.  Not a major problem - but it is somewhat annoying.

Thanks,

Ron

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 8:17 AM

It may help to get more details to try to reproduce the problem. Are you right-clicking on the Library button on the main toolbar and choosing "Open in a floating window" from the context menu? Is your Logos 4 main screen maximized, and are there any other Logos floating windows open at the time? Do you have one monitor?

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:51 PM

I have L4 on two computers and both have the same problem.

My home page is maximized and I only have one monitor.

When I have the home page open and right click open or open in a floating window the library opens for a second and minimizes then the home page disappears my current layout opens up.  From there I can maximize my Library and use it normally.  If I left click Library on the home page I don't have this problem.  I also have my Library on my shortcut bar and it does the same thing.

By the way - I discovered this same problem if I try to open "About Logos Bible Software" after clicking the "?" in the upper right corner of the home page

As I was responding to you I tried opening up 5 different resources in floating windows, minimized them, then closed them out.  After doing that I could open up my Library from the home page in a floating window or from my shortcut bar and it stayed open. The "About Logos Bible Software" window also now stays open.

I was able to reproduce this "fix" on both my computers and have no problems after shutting them down and restarting Logos.

I'm not sure what the "bug" is, but I no longer have the problem.  However, I do know that I am not the only one - see this thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37982/284318.aspx#284318

If something here is not clear or if you have any more questions let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS