Nested Collections

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 2:00 PM

Kevin Becker:

Nested collections will be very valuable to keep the prioritize list from being too long.

For example, you could make a collection of favorite NT commentaries and then prioritize that collection.

I am afraid you are not able to prioritize collection, only a series. I am still waiting Logos will allow to use the collections for the commentaries section in the PG.

Bohuslav

Posts 526
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 2:49 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I am still waiting Logos will allow to use the collections for the commentaries section in the PG.

Kevin, you can create a custom Passage Guide, and not include the commentaries report section, but include the Collections report, and select 'Best commentaries' and it will effectively prioritise them.

John D.

Posts 526
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:58 AM

John Duffy:
Kevin, you can create a custom Passage Guide, and not include the commentaries report section, but include the Collections report, and select 'Best commentaries' and it will effectively prioritise them.

Correction: Sorry, this does not work the same way as I thought it did in the Commentaries section.  By doing this, it searches e.g. for the text "Romans 1:1" in all the commentaries in the collection and returns a long list of citations, but does not simply return a list of commentaries on Romans.  Hopefully this feature will be added back, as I loved it in Logos 3.  Prioritisation is not the same, as e.g. if I had three 'Best Commentaries' on Joel, only those would show in Logos 3, so I would know that they were the ones I preferred.  In Logos 4, a long list is returned, and I can't remember if it was only the first three that I preferred, even if they are prioritised at the top of the list.

Posts 526
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:13 AM

I didn't mean to have a converstaion with myself here... but this might be of interest.

John Duffy:
if I had three 'Best Commentaries' on Joel, only those would show in Logos 3, so I would know that they were the ones I preferred.  In Logos 4, a long list is returned, and I can't remember if it was only the first three that I preferred, even if they are prioritised at the top of the list.

As a workaround, I prioritised a commentary on the whole Bible, and moved it to the bottom of the list (it took five minutes for the CPU activity to cool down and allow this move to go all the way to the bottom, in a number of smaller moves because it doesn't scroll automatically past the open view).  Now, I know that no matter what Bible book I do a Passage Guide on, anything above that whole Bible commentary is prioritised (which came from my Best Commentaries list for commentaries), and anything below it is what Logos 4 just found on its own.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS