Sugg: Keyboard Shortcut to Add Note

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Charlie | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 19 2011 11:02 AM

It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to add a note. Further, the function would place the curser in the text field of the note box and offer another keyboard shortcut to "complete" the newly added note and return to viewing the original resource.

Thanks for the great software.

Posts 1
Chip | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:54 AM

I really agree with Charlie on the shortcut for adding a note. This would seem to be a fairly simple addition.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have a "Past and Match Style" (e.g., Cmd-Opt-Shift-V) like most other Mac software, so that pasting a quote from an outside source would match the font style of the note.

All this said -- and to agree with Charlie once again -- thanks for the excellent software!

Posts 25
Agust Valgard Olafsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 1:42 AM

I ditto - this is a needed feature...

Posts 30050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 6:59 AM

Agust Valgard Olafsson:
I ditto - this is a needed feature...

Since "highlights" are now "notes," this is of course already possible. Unfortunately note indicators cannot be (yet) added to a predefined highlighting style (which is probably what you are desiring).

To create a shortcut: Click the right side of a highlighter name. In the popup menu, click "shortcut key" and assign the key you want. (i.e. "Y" for "Yellow Highlighter).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 1:33 PM

alabama24:
Since "highlights" are now "notes," this is of course already possible.

Only if you want your note attached to selection, which I virtually never do.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 44
Charlie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:09 PM

alabama24:
this is of course already possible.

Are you saying that the keyboard shortcut detailed in my original post is possible? I only know of keyboard shortcuts to add highlights. I know highlights are now classified as notes, but that's not the feature any of the above posts are requesting.

Posts 30050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2012 5:26 AM

Charlie:
Are you saying that the keyboard shortcut detailed in my original post is possible?

No.

Charlie:
I only know of keyboard shortcuts to add highlights. I know highlights are now classified as notes, but that's not the feature any of the above posts are requesting.

I only replied because there was a new user agreeing to an old thread, which needed to be updated. Highlights ARE now notes - the same as ANY notes in Logos, with the only exception that there isn't a "note indicator." I think that your suggestion still has much merit. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:03 AM

Chip Cash:
Also, it would be nice to be able to have a "Past and Match Style" (e.g., Cmd-Opt-Shift-V) like most other Mac software, so that pasting a quote from an outside source would match the font style of the note.

In case you've missed it like I had: Shift-Opt-Cmd-V now works for Paste and Match Style.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS