Standard Lesson eCommentary = good value

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1646
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 20 2011 8:02 PM

For anyone who is teaching and not familiar with the Standard Lesson eCommentary released today, consider adding it to your library.

For $23, this includes 4 books:

• Standard Bible Atlas: 47 pages of maps and charts that cover the key periods of Bible history in just the right detail (with permission to use for ministry)
  • Standard Bible Dictionary: brief definitions (a line or two) of Bible names.
  • Weekly lessons: Fall 2011 to Summer 2012, using NIV text.
  • Ditto, using KJV text.
Posts 4
Elder Barry c. Pouncil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2011 10:39 PM

I would like to know if we already have downloaded previous Standard Lesson eCommentaries, will we keep downloading more Standard Bible Atlas' or Standard Bible Dictionaries, causing duplicate resources to show in our resources?

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2011 4:32 AM

Barry c. Pouncil:

I would like to know if we already have downloaded previous Standard Lesson eCommentaries, will we keep downloading more Standard Bible Atlas' or Standard Bible Dictionaries, causing duplicate resources to show in our resources?

Great question!

I do not have these resources, so I can't say for sure. If the resources are identical, the answer should be no. It is possible that the resource (Atlas, Dictionary, etc.) has changed in some way which is not just a regular resource update. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10251
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:16 AM

Barry c. Pouncil:

I don't think so. The Standard Bible Atlas is (C) 2006 and that's the date on the Logos resource as well. 

LLS:STDBIBATLAS - 2006-04-06T22:18:39Z - STDBIBATLAS.lbxlls

But maybe someone comes by who has this resource from prior years and can give a definitive answer.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27584
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2011 1:18 PM

Definitive answer: you only get one copy of the Atlas and Dictionary

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2011 1:40 PM

Thanks MJ! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Elder Barry c. Pouncil | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2011 8:14 PM

Thanks MJSmile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS