Stack trace in Indexer.log

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:02 AM

Great to see that a new alpha is out! I (again) let the indexer run overnight and awoke to find it had quit. This time, I took a little more methodical approach and checked the logs. Indexer.log had a stack trace starting with this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the objec

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/75/7242.Indexer_2D00_tail.log:550:0]t

I then restarted Logos and hence, the indexer. It found that it couldn't find an index on the same resource it started out with yesterday: "No reverse interlinear data found for bible+kjv.01"

I appear to be going around in circles. Since then I've quit logos and the indexer and installed the latest alpha. 

Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:46 AM

It would sure be nice to know if I'm wasting my time. 

Posts 146
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 11:39 AM

This may be the same problem I am having. I have left the indexer to run overnight for three nights now. Each morning, the blue icon in the upper right hand corner is gone. The indexer has shut down. 

I restart Logos and it appears to be starting from the beginning again. I have not seen my indexer on the Mac side under 30hrs all week. I leave it running most of the day unless I have "pause for four hours" to get something done.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:22 PM

I have not heard anything.  I think it is either suffer through it now, or wait until a future release.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:13 PM

Mike,

This looks like a bug in the indexer. Can you post the full Indexer.log so that I can see exactly which resource is giving your trouble?

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 8:16 AM

Tom Philpot:

This looks like a bug in the indexer. Can you post the full Indexer.log so that I can see exactly which resource is giving your trouble?

Here's one from yesterday. It takes about a day to get to this failure point. Let me know if there's any other diagnostic settings or system information you need. I'm also more then willing to blow things away and start over again, but I don't want you to loose this diagnostic state if you can use it.

View: http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/75/8712.old.Indexer.log.txt

Thanks,

Mike

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:16 AM

Tom Philpot:

Hi Tom,

Any update here? I'm just holding off doing anything until I hear something. If there's no further instruction or mitigation, I'd like to just start over.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:36 AM

Mike,

Now that we've got your logs, you're free to try and start over. We're working on lots of stability fixes, and this is definitely on the list.

Tom

Posts 146
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:17 AM

Tom,

for what it is worth... here is my indexer.log - It is lines of failed file 1441

Hope it helps with the next build. I have deduced after 8 days now, the indexing is not making any progress. I have tried all of the suggestions in the forum. The only think I haven't tried is a complete uninstall, deleting the Logos4 folder in the User/Library/Application Support/ 

I was hoping not to have re-download the 12g of books again. Any suggestions in the meantime?

Thank you for your work,

Ross

5706.Indexer.log

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:34 AM

Ross,

The only thing I can say is sit tight. I wouldn't recommend deleting your Logos4 folder from Library/Application Support/. We're working on fixing indexer/downloading bugs as fast as we can. The next alpha will be better as we've identified several issues in the last few days.

For now, you'll just have to cancel the indexer whenever it tries to run by clicking "Cancel All" when the icon shows up.

Tom

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 11:18 AM

I am experiencing an almost identical problem, but the indexer log file is empty even after I let it run for hours—or at least until A-2 crashes. This happens without any kind of error report. L4 simply disappears, but the little blue icon remains resolute in the Menu Bar with the estimated time to completion rising steadily.

I have sent multiple Logos4 log files, but the forum software will not accept an empty Indexer log file. The lack of acknowledgement  that I have posted these log files is becoming frustrating. Have you received them? Do you care? No, I won't ask that question yet.

Jack

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS