Hebrew Morphology Search

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11
Mary Conway | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 28 2011 5:43 PM

When I used Logos 3 I was easily able to do a search for a lemma with a preposition, for example, בית with prepositon ל. I have read the Logos 4 help and viewed the tutorials, but they show very simplistic searches. Even the searches discussed in the forum are far more complex than the instructions provided, and use terms such as "within 3 words" or an asterisk which seems to be a wildcard. Is there somewhere I can get more detailed instructions for completing more complex searches? I can't even complete the simple search above. Thanks.

Posts 35780
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:03 PM

See Search in wiki index ... beyond the video links http://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Table_of_Contents

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11
Mary Conway | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:03 PM

Aha! I googled the problem and found an article that led me to a solution:

lemma:בַּיִת.1.n WITHIN 0 WORDS lemma:לְ

More detailed instructions on advanced searching would still be appreciated, however.

Posts 11
Mary Conway | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:05 PM

Thanks M.J. Smith for the link to the video on searching, but I tried that earlier and it didn't answer my problem.

Posts 35780
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:17 PM

Mary Conway:
Thanks M.J. Smith for the link to the video on searching, but I tried that earlier and it didn't answer my problem.

No, No, No - I said beyond the videos - you'll find wiki pages with the details you need.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11
Mary Conway | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:20 PM

Got it! This is more useful. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS