The Scriptures Bible released 10/04/2011 uses dated version of title…

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 4 2011 10:53 PM

Instead of the most current 2009 edition, Logos released the 1998 effort.  If I end up liking this version, and wish to purchase a dead tree copy, the 2009 edition is what is available, not the 1998 edition.  Why would Logos choose NOT to release the most current version?

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 11:00 PM

And furthermore… Where can I find the pronunciation guide mentioned in the product description?  Geeked

Posts 33762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:01 AM

The Preface says its at the end of the preface

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 1:57 AM

Bohuslav

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:13 AM

I did purchase this version but i think the Hebrew Scriptures will be more use than the New Covenant. The NT was written primarily in Greek, inserting the tetragram into the NT seem out of place to me, and while I am aware that Jesus in hebrew would be Joshua I see little reason for writing out his name in Hebrew, why not aramaic which Jesus probably mostly spoke? I am not overly sorry for having purchased this but at the same point I likely would't go and recommend it.

-dan

Posts 2769
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 5:30 PM

I opted not to go with it simply because it's the older version.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2173
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 7:02 PM

This is what Amazon has under editorial reviews in the differneces between the Logos edition and the 2009 edition,

What's new in the 2009 edition? Improvements to the text - seeking a yet closer equivalent to the literal meaning of the original language. Quotations / Allusions from the Tanakh (O.T.) are in bold type in the Second Writings (N.T.), and are accompanied by the text references - aiding your understanding of the original contexts, and how they influence the writers drawing upon them. Hebrew names of Book Titles are now on right hand pages with corresponding traditional English names on the left hand pages - making it easier for you to find the place, and easier to learn the Hebrew titles. (Hebrew names are also used where possible for annual festival days, as well as being used, minimally, for ambiguous words). Removal of doctrinal comments from footnotes, explanatory notes etc., (including deletion of prophecy hairlines) in favour of more useful notes - thus clearing away obstacles to your unbiased study of Scripture. Maps, Timelines, Illustrations have been added.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS