Strong's Numbers Missing from Some Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:59 PM

About 15 months ago, I was searching for the name of God (YHWH) via the HebrewStrong's (H3068) and found that many of the Bibles were not indexed properly.  In other words, there were many passages where some Bibles (such as the ESV) don't contain the Strong's number, when they should.  For example, if I search for H3068 in the book of Genesis in the NASB95, I will get 252 hits, but if I search for it in the ESV, then I only get 87 hits.  At that time, I was told that Logos had known about the issue for about a year, so I let it go in hopes that the fix would be near.

Well, here we are 15 months later, and nothing seems to have changed.

Logos is Bible software that is supposed to help with researching the Bible, but it is hard to research the Bible when the indexes are not correct.

How can we go about getting this fixed?

(For reference, here is the original report that I made last year: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/16999.aspx?PageIndex=4)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 3:11 PM

Concur ESV Reverse Interlinear tagging has lemma tagging that is missing corresponding Strong's number:

Workaround option for language research is using lemma (vis Strong's number assigned to a lemma):

From a Hebrew lemma, can open Dictionary of Biblical Languages (DBL) with Semantic Domains: Hebrew (Old Testament).

Learned DBL # 3378 for lemma יהוה has 7 corresponding Strong's numbers: 3068, 3069, 3070, 3071, 3072, 3073, & 3074.

Can hover mouse over DBL Hebrew link to Strong's number to show a pop-up with Enhanced Strong's Lexicon (ESL) information (personally using advanced prioritization to search ESL for Hebrew Strong's Numbers when in DBL Hebrew resource).

In DBL Hebrew, can right click on Strong's number for quick access to some more lexicons with Strong's headword indexing:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 3:20 PM

This was determined to be a bug and Development is working on a fix. I don't have an estimate at this time for when it will be available. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS