transfering personal books

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 11
JC Cunningham | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 11 2011 5:58 AM

I recently bought a new computer and when I loaded logos, I noticed that all of my personal books were missing.  Is there any way to transfer them or do I have to upload all the books again?  Thanks, JC

Posts 1659
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 6:40 AM

JC Cunningham:
my personal books were missing.

Were these PBB's created from within Libronix 3 or Logos 4?

Logos 4 cannot "see" the PBB's from Libronix 3 without an extensive re-compiling (into .docx files) before putting them "through" the new "Tool/Personal Book".

Regards, SteveF

Posts 11
JC Cunningham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 6:52 AM

i created them within logos 4

Posts 29473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 7:01 AM

JC - 

Personal books do not currently sync between computers. Each computer will need to "compile" the book using the original .docx file. I have created a tutorial explaining how to use dropbox to automate this process a little bit. See the thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37105/278451.aspx

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2720
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 7:22 AM

I haven't delved into personal books yet. Is syncing for them going to be done in the near future? I realize that this isn't easy simply based on the fact that we create them independently.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 29473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:12 AM

Michael Ballai:
Is syncing for them going to be done in the near future?

No idea. When personal books start syncing, it will require more storage space on the Logos servers. The dropbox solution does work well, except the books are not available on portable devices (which is not currently possible).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:25 AM

alabama24:
the books are not available on portable devices (which is not currently possible).

Anyone who might have a personal book that they really want to read on iPad can save it as an PDF document in MS Word and move it into iTunes and then sync it to iBooks on your iPad.  In my experience it helps to increase the font of the word document first. Hit Ctrl + A and hit increase font size.  Also make a table of contents (in addition to the one on the left margin) so that the table of contents shows up as a usable one on the iPad.

I get the feeling that the new sync features will improve notes and highlighting first before we will be able to sync personal books.  It may be a while before we get them on iPad, but who knows.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 3:20 PM

JC Cunningham:
I noticed that all of my personal books were missing.  Is there any way to transfer them

Yes, can build personal book(s) on one computer, sync (includes metadata), copy lbspbb file(s), switch to other computer, sync (metadata), scan lbspbb file location, restart Logos 4, then use personal book(s) on both computers.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS