BUG: Large Text search misses entry in Tozer Topical Reader

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 13 2011 1:10 PM

This thread was in the Suggestions forum so it was probably missed, and I just checked and it still fails:

A search of Large Text in Tozer Topical Reader for Forgiveness  fails to find #1028, while for example Regret is found.

See thread for discussion, but it's pretty easy to duplicate. There may be other problems with the Search fields in this resource.

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 1:33 PM

I am finding that this is also true with Vyrso titles

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:36 PM

Ted Hans:

I didn't think Vyrso titles had search fields like Large Text, do they?

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:40 PM

Ted Hans:

Logos have no control over Vyrso ePub's, which are primarily intended for reading!.See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/35348/266888.aspx#266888

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:44 PM

Dominick Sela:

Large Text is created by the Indexer, based on font size, so it may be created for Vyrso books. You would have to check the Information page.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 11:29 AM

It appears that it's failing to find the hits that are at the end of the headings in that book. In addition to the one Dominick cited, a Search of 'unsaved' fails to find the instance at the end of the #1029 heading, but does find it in the middle of the #1030 heading (and others). I will report this bug. Thanks.

Edit: I should add that the problem didn't occur when I checked several other topical resources.

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:18 PM

Dave Hooton:

Dominick Sela:

Large Text is created by the Indexer, based on font size, so it may be created for Vyrso books. You would have to check the Information page.

Okay this is confusing. The search field has Large Text but are you suggesting that it is there for nothing? Pardon my ignorance but what would be the point of that?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:41 PM

Ted Hans:
Okay this is confusing. The search field has Large Text but are you suggesting that it is there for nothing?

It means that there is Large Text, but the eye cannot detect instances that fail the criteria for Large Text; the source is not uniform in its application of font size to what appears to be "headings".

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:53 PM

Dave Hooton:
It means that there is Large Text, but the eye cannot detect instances that fail the criteria for Large Text; the source is not uniform in its application of font size to what appears to be "headings".

Thanks Dave for the response. I will pretend that i have understood what you have written, what you meanEmbarrassed.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:58 PM

Ted Hans:

Dave Hooton:

Thanks Dave for the response. I will pretend that i have understood what you have written, what you meanEmbarrassed.

If it helps to make it a bit more clear, I was able to get a Large Text search hit for 'Apologetic' in the Section I heading "The Apologetic Task" but not in what appears to be large text below it, "The Task of Apologetics" (with "Match all word forms" selected). This is most likely due to the format of the source document, but I am getting clarification on that.

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 2:11 PM

Melissa Snyder:
If it helps to make it a bit more clear, I was able to get a Large Text search hit for 'Apologetic' in the Section I heading "The Apologetic Task" but not in what appears to be large text below it, "The Task of Apologetics" (with "Match all word forms" selected). This is most likely due to the format of the source document, but I am getting clarification on that.

Thanks Melissa, i get it now. What is strange is that on a few Vyrso books i am getting both result for Large Text.

Melissa Snyder:
This is most likely due to the format of the source document, but I am getting clarification on that.

Please do get some clarification on this. It will be helpful not only to me but to others.

Blessings

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2011 3:17 PM

This has been fixed, in Beta 8 I believe, and will be added to the final compiled list of 4.5 release notes.

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2011 3:55 PM

Tonya J Ross:
This has been fixed, in Beta 8 I believe

Tonya is referring to 4.5 Beta 8 which has yet to be released. I cannot test this in Beta 10 (latest beta) as I don't have any Vyrso books (nor Tozer).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 12106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2011 4:05 PM

Dave Hooton:
I cannot test this in Beta 10 (latest beta) as I don't have any Vyrso books

But you could have such - even for free (and not all Vyrso books are Amish romances or self-help). 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2011 4:09 PM

NewbieMick:
But you could have such - even for free

I wondered who would be first to biteSmile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 12106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:45 AM

Dave Hooton:

NewbieMick:
But you could have such - even for free

I wondered who would be first to biteSmile

I took it hook, line & sinker - guess that makes me a Vyrso fan-boy? But then again it maybe just shows my careless posting, while others bit their tongues (or fingers) for ten minutes after your steilvorlage (deep forward pass in soccer)...

Smile

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:04 AM

Logos 4.5 Beta 10 can search large text in Vryso resources:

Note: clicking on a link to open a Large Text result goes to Chapter in Book, then have to scroll down (or find) Large Text within chapter.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:10 AM

Tonya J Ross:

This has been fixed, in Beta 8 I believe, and will be added to the final compiled list of 4.5 release notes.

Many thanks Tonya

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:19 PM

Ted:

Tonya J Ross:

Did you note the veiled hint?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:21 PM

NewbieMick:
while others bit their tongues (or fingers) for ten minutes after your steilvorlage (deep forward pass in soccer)...

I hope it didn't catch you offsideSmile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS