Download does not advance

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 16
Ralph A. Pontier | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:50 PM

I'm download Logos 4 onto a MacBook AIr with OS Lion.  Yesterday it stopped  for 8 hours at 60% of 7.? GB.  I re booted and started over.  Now it stopped advancing at 87% of 1.05 GB.  The rest of the computer is not freezing.

I have the power option set so that the hard drive never goes to sleep.

What can I do to get it to advance downloading?

Ralph

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:04 PM

Ralph - First, welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles. 

I guess I am not fully sure of what problem you are having, except long downloads, which is to be expected. If your first download was X of 7 GB and today it is X of 1.05 GB, then it has obviously downloaded 6+GB. If you think that it has stalled (but make sure first!), restart your computer/Logos if you want. I would expect that you would then have X of (less than 1GB) to download.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:28 PM

Ralph A. Pontier:

What can I do to get it to advance downloading?

Welcome Big Smile

One option is using Activity Monitor to watch Network downloading.

Another option is enabling logging so can watch Indexer.log file (by default, file scrolls as lines are written); can use 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display logging setting, then optionally change.  Looking at Indexer.log, can see if download stuck or indexing in progress.  If stuck, could quit Indexer and restart Logos 4 Mac (or restart Mac).

Wonder about network connectivity ? (e.g. some connections have time outs that change every few hours, which can cause download issues).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 16
Ralph A. Pontier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:38 PM

Problem solved with the help of a phone call to tech support.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS