Layouts and Crashes

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Dr. Frank O. Rice | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:28 PM

I just purchased a new Asus notebook which was designed for gamers because there was an issue with my other notebook freezing when i tried to access the layouts. For 15-20 seconds, Logos would indicate it was not responding. I bought this machine which is an i7 core processor with 6 gigs of memory and 720 gigs of hard disk space. This machine has a dedicate video card with over 1 gig of memory and the display is 1920 x 1080. Yet Logos still gives me the not responding message as I access the Layouts. What's more now, if i attempt to click on something from the home page to learn "more" the program crashes. I have logs if anyone cares to see them and can provide some help!

Posts 33245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:46 PM

we do need the logs

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15

How do I upload them?

Posts 15
Dr. Frank O. Rice | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:56 PM

I have three logs. How do I post all of them?

Posts 15

Here is one.

Posts 15
Dr. Frank O. Rice | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 1:02 PM

Here is another.

Posts 33245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 1:08 PM

Are you sure you had a live connection to the internet?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15
Dr. Frank O. Rice | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 1:21 PM

Absolutely.

Posts 33245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 4:34 PM

The error log makes it look as if there was no web connection abd the crash log implies an object that is not instantiated. Both lead me to think that there is a communication problem - either net connectivity or security.

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 6:15 PM

Frank O. Rice:
What's more now, if i attempt to click on something from the home page to learn "more" the program crashes. I have logs if anyone cares to see them and can provide some help!

Regenerate the Home Page cache with Shift+F5. It may not fix the problem if clicking more... on a long list of files that were updated, though (use Last Updated column in Library).

Frank O. Rice:
Yet Logos still gives me the not responding message as I access the Layouts.

The Layouts menu?  Do you get this problem only with Layouts?

If you have a long list of snapshots it should help if you delete all except your named layouts. If you cannot access layouts because of the problem, then delete the folder  C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\b5nmhxm3.sao\LayoutManager

NB. you will lose named layouts!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS