Reformation Day today ....... Treat yourself! No Tricks! *smile*

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:25 PM

Peace and Joy to my Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!                       *smile*

Today is celebrated by many Christians.  It is the anniversary of the date when Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the Wittenberg Church door.         It was the eve of All Saints' Day, thus Hallowed Eve.  (Halloween!)

He nailed this notice to the church door which was a public bulletin board in a sense.  He wanted to debate the sale of indulgences over against the teachings of The Holy Bible!

The echoes of those hammer blows are still reverberating all over this small planet.

This is what Logos Bible Software has to say about the 95 Theses -- (from the advertisement of this Logos Resource) --

"Nailed to the door of the Wittenberg Church in October, 1517 to provoke a discussion concerning papal indulgences, this is one of the most significant documents in Christian history. Luther simply wanted to debate the practice of granting indulgences (allowing people to pay money to receive forgiveness for their sins instead of doing penance), but his list of 95 topics of debate was soon published and distributed across Europe. The debate in Wittenberg never took place, but these 95 Theses have surely made their impact on Christianity as many believe this particular document to be the spark that gave birth to the Protestant Reformation. The Logos edition provides the text of the 95 Theses in parallel English and Latin translations."

Then Logos advertises this for sale as a Logos Resource for the Grand Total of ......       get this!   ....

95 cents American  --

http://www.logos.com/product/589/disputation-of-doctor-martin-luther-on-the-power-and-efficacy-of-indulgences

Bargain  ...   or what??          

*smile*                                                         John 8:31-32

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:51 PM

I can't say that I am an avid student of Luther. However his contributions were pivotal, and some particular works have been invaluable in my journey. I would call attention to his Preface to Romans.   Thank you, Milford, for bringing this celebration to my attention. I knew of it, but it had been squeezed to the back burner.

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:53 PM

Logos also has a Reformation Day guide here: http://www.logos.com/reformation?utm_source=logos&utm_medium=homepageslide&utm_content=buttonlink&utm_campaign=ref2011

This link came from the main Logos home page.

Posts 5716
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:54 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

n Logos advertises this for sale as a Logos Resource for the Grand Total of ......       get this!   ....

95 cents American  --

http://www.logos.com/product/589/disputation-of-doctor-martin-luther-on-the-power-and-efficacy-of-indulgences

Or 90 cents Australian....

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 3:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up Milford!

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 3:08 PM

This would be an important day to order Luther's Works. :)

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 4:05 PM

Willard Scott:

I can't say that I am an avid student of Luther. However his contributions were pivotal, and some particular works have been invaluable in my journey. I would call attention to his Preface to Romans.   Thank you, Milford, for bringing this celebration to my attention. I knew of it, but it had been squeezed to the back burner.

You are most welcome, Willard and Paul!                  Blessings and kindest personal greetings!                            *smile*

Thanks for the reference to Logos' Home Page, Rick.             I missed that.

Romans 12:15

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS