Words of YHWH in Red?

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 7:00 AM

Dave Hooton:
OL is dead-end for upgrades

What do you mean?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1268
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:50 AM

Ok. Thanks for the info Dave!

Posts 1268
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2013 1:06 PM

Has anyone actually been able to complete the monumental task of highlighting the words of YHWH? If so I think everyone would really appreciate getting the highlighting doc from you now that we can share docs in L5. I know I would.. hint hint..

Thanks so much for anybody who has worked so hard on this and is willing to share!!!

Posts 1268
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 11:33 AM

Does anyone know if we are still able to do this in L5? I don't think the "Anderson Forbes Morphology" is available any more in L5. For some reason it was retracted. Am I wrong on this? Is there still a possibility to do this?

Posts 11946
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 11:52 AM

Liam Walsh:
I don't think the "Anderson Forbes Morphology" is available any more in L5.

It is, e.g in logosres:afheb10;art=pref;off=1484 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 6:39 PM

Liam Walsh:
Has anyone actually been able to complete the monumental task of highlighting the words of YHWH? If so I think everyone would really appreciate getting the highlighting doc from you now that we can share docs in L5. I know I would.. hint hint..

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Extended_Tips_for_Highlighting_and_Visual_Filters#Examples_of_visual_filters that includes link to FaithLife group => Logos Visual Filters

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1268
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:05 PM

Ok! I found how to do this with the help of Fredc (in this thread) & Clause Search to catch every (as far as I know) reference!!! Instead of only speech, which I found was more complicated (but still possible), I simply included every verb that God does in all of Scripture (this catches both actions and speech) and was able to make separate highlights for Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit! So instead of a red letter version, I have a bold for God in general (Old Testament), dark red for God the Father, bright red for Jesus, and orange for the Holy Spirit. If anyone else is interested in this, I did it by doing a separate clause search for each member of the Trinity in both Old & New Testaments (ie. OT: subject:God verb:any, subject:the angel of the lord verb:any, subject:Holy Spirit verb:any; NT: subject:God the Father verb:any, subject:Jesus verb:any, subject:Holy Spirit verb:any) and then exported the findings to a separate passage lists respectively for each member of the Trinity in each Testament. Then, using each passage list (for each person of the Godhead in each Testament), set up a visual filter for each person of the Trinity for both Old and New Testaments, and on each visual filter (VF for Jesus in the NT for example) set every possible type of morph code to the highlight style that I wanted for each individual person of the Godhead (similar to what was posted earlier on this thread).

This is how it turned out:

Dark red is the Father, Orange the Holy Spirit, and the bright red toward the bottom of the pic is Jesus' actions. In the OT I have bold as well for God in general, and bright red for the Angel of the Lord (as Jesus). The Holy Spirit's actions work well in the OT as well! I'm amazed at the results here! Hope this helps someone do the same!

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS