Information link not working

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Danielle Choi | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 3 2011 10:15 PM

When you hover over a word, a more detailed description or the definition of the word appears in the Information Window.  In the Information Window, it also shows which dictionary the description or definition comes from, and when you click the link (which is the abbreviated name of the dictionary), it should open another tab and open that dictionary itself to the word's full definition.

But this link function from the Information Window doesn't seem to work any longer.  When I click on the abbreviated name of the dictionary in the Information Window, it fails to open a new tab.

Is there a setting for this that somehow I managed to turn off or something?

Any advice would be helpful about this problem!

Thanks,

Danielle

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 3:34 AM

First, Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to ask any L4 Mac questions. Someone, somewhere in the world will be awake to assist you.

Danielle Choi:

But this link function from the Information Window doesn't seem to work any longer.  When I click on the abbreviated name of the dictionary in the Information Window, it fails to open a new tab.

Is there a setting for this that somehow I managed to turn off or something?

Sorry that I cannot reproduce your problem.

There is no setting in the Setting Menu or the Panel Menu that would disable this link. Which version of L4 Mac are you using? 

See How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac for tips of finding the source and posting log files which will help others to troubleshoot this problem

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:06 AM

There was a similar issue that was reported previously and was resolved for 4.3 SR-1.   You may want to verify that your program is up to date (Logos Bible Software 4 menu > About Logos Bible Software.)  The most current stable version is 4.3 SR-6.

If your program is up to date, then I'd recommend following Jack's advice about posting logs. 

Posts 2
Danielle Choi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:01 AM

Thanks for the tip about the version issue.  The problem is now solved.

I must have had an older version of Mac Library 4.  When I checked the version number (Logos Bible Software 4 menu > About Logos Bible Software), it only said "4.3" (no SR number).  I uninstalled Mac Library 4 by following instructions here http://www.logos.com/support/mac/uninstall and reinstalled it by downloading the Logos4Mac.dmg file again from the Logos website under my "Account > Orders" and now the problem is fixed.  Also, when I check the version number, it says, "4.3 SR-6".

Hope this helps anyone else who's had the same problem!

Danielle

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS