Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:24 AM

http://www.amazon.com/English-Standard-Version-Bible-Apocrypha/dp/0195289102

The English Standard Version Bible with the Apocrypha, for which the Apocrypha has been commissioned by Oxford University Press, employs the same methods and guidelines used by the original translators of the ESV, to produce for the first time an ESV Apocrypha. This will be the only ESV with Apocrypha available anywhere, and it includes all of the books and parts of books in the Protestant Apocrypha, the Catholic Old Testament, and the Old Testament as used in Orthodox Christian churches.

Let's get this on pre-pub!

Posts 1728
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 3:48 AM

An ESV Apocrypha would be useful if it came complete with (reverse) interlinear.

I suspect there are many who would be interested if it was morphologically tagged, as this gives us considerably more information about how particular Greek lemmas were used in the 2nd temple period. (Currently I tend to use the NRSV + Lexham LXX Interlinear together for this kind of study.)

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 4:31 AM

Allen Browne:

An ESV Apocrypha would be useful if it came complete with (reverse) interlinear.

I suspect there are many who would be interested if it was morphologically tagged, as this gives us considerably more information about how particular Greek lemmas were used in the 2nd temple period. (Currently I tend to use the NRSV + Lexham LXX Interlinear together for this kind of study.)

Your post made me wonder if Logos had a reverse interlinear for the Apocrypha.

Then I found this in the pre-pubs...

http://www.logos.com/product/7130/english-greek-reverse-interlinear-of-the-nrsv-apocryphal-texts

Posts 34364
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 11:39 AM

There are several translations for which Logos has provided only the short canon version. I've suggested previously to Logos that they provide the longest canon available for each version - and I hope they'll oblige. But I'll admit to being torn on priorities - complete current translations or add missing translations.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3
M. Scott Bashoor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 12:00 PM

I'm another one who would be theologically stoked to see ESV Apocyrpha on Logos.

Posts 34364
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:07 PM

M. Scott Bashoor:
I'm another one who would be theologically stoked to see ESV Apocyrpha on Logos.

If Logos publishes the Lutheran Study Bible on the Apocrypha, they'll have to publish the ESV apocrypha as that is the version that the study ible is based on/

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2
Robert Atkin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 1:33 AM

I'd like to see the ESV apocrypha on pre-pub.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 10:04 PM

MJ. Smith:

M. Scott Bashoor:

If Logos publishes the Lutheran Study Bible on the Apocrypha, they'll have to publish the ESV apocrypha as that is the version that the study ible is based on/

ideally yes, but Logos often if not usually publishes study notes without Bible text. As was pointed out in another link, Even though Catholic RSV and Vulgate are in the Navarre Bible Commentaries no Bible texts will be coming with them. Logos could simply say these are study notes here they are, no base text. Now if they did them up fully like the print book, say Preacher's Commentary (or Daily Study Bible) style, you would have the full text. albeit broken up in their logical portions. But I am of the thought, it would be treated like the majority of the study Bibles. study notes only. Although http://cyberbrethren.com/2010/04/13/the-lutheran-study-bible-in-logos-format-is-now-available/ confirms the CDROM had the ESV included with it I do not see it listed on the Logos website saying one way or another.

I am looking forward to seeing it on PrePUb someday soon though (God willing)...

-dan

Posts 34364
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 10:36 PM

Note: I have just made a suggestion re: base texts and commentaries/Bible notes asking that Logos gives us the link between the notes and the version that the notes are based on. I would hope that customer "outrage" would force Logos to provide the remainder of the ESV when they carry the Lutheran notes to it.

Posts 72
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:46 AM

I add my vote to getting the ESV Apocrypha on pre-pub!

Are there any updates on this?

Posts 16
Paul Samuel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 12:20 AM

Please add my vote also to getting the ESV Apocrypha on pre-pub!

Better yet, as an UPDATE of existing ESV resource so owners of Logos ESV can get it automatically !

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 1:38 AM

John R. Gentry:

I add my vote to getting the ESV Apocrypha on pre-pub!

Are there any updates on this?

I suggested this a year and a half ago now. Sadly, nothing to report on yet. C'mon Logos!!

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:35 AM

Paul Budiardjo:
Better yet, as an UPDATE of existing ESV resource so owners of Logos ESV can get it automatically !

Very different publishers control the ESV and the ESV Apocrypha… In the past Oxford University Press has been more than difficult to deal with to the extent items under contract have simply disappeared in the past before ever being completed. There is hope we might get it as a couple of their study Bibles have just recently made it to pre pub ordering stages but I have my doubts OUP would allow Logos to just give away the ESVA out of the kindness of their hearts to complete things. But I will say it is a very nice idea. :)

-Dan

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:35 AM

Paul Budiardjo:

Very different publishers control the ESV and the ESV Apocrypha… In the past Oxford University Press has been more than difficult to deal with to the extent items under contract have simply disappeared in the past before ever being completed. There is hope we might get it as a couple of their study Bibles have just recently made it to pre pub ordering stages but I have my doubts OUP would allow Logos to just give away the ESVA out of the kindness of their hearts to complete things. But I will say it is a very nice idea. :)

-Dan

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:42 AM

Josh:
I suggested this a year and a half ago now. Sadly, nothing to report on yet. C'mon Logos!!

I am very glad you did too, but no news isn't always bad news, from what i have heard in the past from Logos and other companies getting rights to something is sort of like watching a glacier move… almost imperceptible but it may be happening and as the old phrase went "Loose lips sink ships" would hate to have the deal ruined because somebody said something the other side didm;t like causing them to pick up their marbles and go home.

-Dan

PS:I realize there wasn't a need to reply to your disheartened reply but thought some traffic on the thread might help draw Logos attention...

Posts 3
M. Scott Bashoor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 1:24 PM

I hereby add my vote again to get ESV Apocrypha. The RSV (on which it seems to be based) has got too many archaisms.

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 2:28 PM
M. Scott Bashoor:

I hereby add my vote again to get ESV Apocrypha. The RSV (on which it seems to be based) has got too many archaisms.

Yes
Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 5:18 PM

M. Scott Bashoor:

I know. It's going on two years since I requested this. Sad

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:51 PM

Peace!        *smile*

I don't think it will be too much longer.  This version from Concordia Publishing House has the ESV apocrypha and is now under development...    Price is pretty good also, eh???

http://www.logos.com/product/28436/the-apocrypha-the-lutheran-edition-with-notes  

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:57 PM

M. Scott Bashoor:

It should be coming….  The Apocrypha: The Lutheran Edition with Notes is being developed and it is ESV based. Not quite as good as integration into the ESV text but better than nothing.

-dan

PS: Who knows maybe it will come with an integrated ESV but doubt it somehow...

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS