How do I enter non-English letters into seaches, etc, in Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 205
Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:52 PM

Hi, my subject line says it all.

In Logos3, there was a little icon down on my control bar (I'm running Vista) that when clicked on threw up a little virtual keyboard, and one could select the language (Greek, Hebrew, etc), and then "type" on it, and the right funny squiggles would appear.

This seems to be missing with L4, so I assume there is another way of doing this. Anyone know how, and also, where I should have found out how, as I haven't found a video or help file (or even a forum post) which tells me?

Sorry if I'm being exceptionally dim.

Liking L4 mostly, (Although I would kind of like more control over my own resources, and when they were downloaded.)

Cheers,

Steve

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:03 PM

The best way for you to see how the replacement works is to go to morph search, type g:logos in, and watch what happens. I would be interested to see your reaction. Follow it with an @ symbol so do g:logos@.

Posts 737
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:09 PM

I sure hope we will find the functionality of typing in Greek and Hebrew once the dust settles;-)

Steve; maling4910@comcast.net

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:15 PM

Stephen,

you can download the Greek And hebrew keyboard from Logos' site; that's what I've done since v3...

You can assign a key combo to activate it...I've used CTRL+Alt + 1 for greek..

then you are typing in greek until you hit the "stop typing in greek" key combo...in my case CTRL + alt + 2

it's just barely slower to implement than the v3 way which only had a "one key" keystroke....

video about it

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS