Black Friday Sale

Page 1 of 7 (128 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 127 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 23 2011 11:07 PM

Now that the sale is live, I wonder what you all think of it?

#mce_temp_url#

The numbers for the master bundle don't add up. I'd like to see a comprehensive list of its contents.

Posts 1022
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2011 11:14 PM

Is the $250 giveaway working for anyone? It's said "loading the giveaway" for about 10 mins now and I tried twice before that as well.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 23 2011 11:24 PM

The Reference Bundle contains at least 3 reference works I own: ANET, ISBE, and Encyclopedia of Christianity...so not if it's such a good deal for me. Do they deduct for resources already owned?

Posts 27943
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 12:01 AM

clicking on the reference bundle links to the OT bundle. OOOOOPS

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 12:39 AM

I've got lots of resources in the bundles.  But they are good value for those who don't.

Incidentally Chrome keeps crashing on the Black Friday webpage - I've mentioned this on the website forum

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 12:58 AM

I am not impressed with the bundles they are promoting. Many people will own several of the resources within them. I am also not impressed with the selection of non-bundled resources. Only two are under 99 dollars. I do think that the IVP NT commentary will sell well though.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 4:17 AM

Philana Crouch:
Do they deduct for resources already owned?

They did not make any adjustments on last year's 2010 Christmas specials. I had 800 of the 2010 titles and everybody paid the same price. It was still a good deal.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 5:11 AM

I'm not overly thrilled with the deals either... and I was especially hoping for a discount for upgrading base packages. Guess we will have to see what Christmas brings around. 

Posts 109
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 5:22 AM

I personally liked last years "black Friday" sale. Send an email with 3 titles and someone would respond with a special price for each of the three. You could accept or decline. I have most of the titles that are offered this year. So I plan to pass.

Posts 22268
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 5:38 AM

Alexander Longacre:
and I was especially hoping for a discount for upgrading base packages

Just to clarify - this sale does include discounts of 15% for base packages until Monday. This is shown at the bottom of the page describing the various bundles.

Graham

Posts 93
Fab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 5:46 AM

First of all, thanks very much to Logos for these deals. I know they worked on it to offer the best for us. Unfortunately, I'm not that rich to buy for hundreds of dollars bundles to find within a deal "some" books I really want to purchase. I think there's no point in offerings deals that are minimum 100 bucks. So I'll just pass on because it's too expensive and deals are not interesting for me. Or if it was possible to chose a deal that would be better. And as a matter of fact, downloading this or that title doesn't require more work (I guess) because it's all about downloading, so no limit of stock or handle or shipping.

Well, I hope you got my point : deals are too big and expensive (in itself, even if they are great savings).  So for me, well, I won't be able to buy anything.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 5:53 AM

Graham Criddle:

Alexander Longacre:
and I was especially hoping for a discount for upgrading base packages

Just to clarify - this sale does include discounts of 15% for base packages until Monday. This is shown at the bottom of the page describing the various bundles.

Graham

Graham, that discount is only good if you don't already own a base package. I bought the Leaders package in the middle of the year. I really should have bought either the Language package or the Scholars package. I'd like to upgrade to the Scholars at this point but you cannot use this deal to get the additional 15% off I received when I first bought the software. I'm hoping that they may do something at Christmas to let me upgrade at a better price point... I really want those additional language tools!

Posts 93
Fab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 5:57 AM

So you mean the 15% saving is not available for upgrade?

I have an Academic discount of 5 % and upgrading from Scholar to Silver cost me $350 instead of $370! Now for someone who buys it now with the 15% will pay less than me (as a student with granted discount). What's the interest in having a Academic discount then ? No Black Friday for students?

I mean, I respect and submit, i'm just wanting to express my opinion.

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 6:12 AM

Considering the works I already own, and the works I'm not interested in, all 3 of the collections are overpriced. I calculated the worth of works I'm interested in to be around $700. The Master Collection is priced $300 more than that. If Logos could offer it for that price, I would gladly buy it.

Maybe I'll have more luck with the Christmas offer. After all, I've been a very good customer boy this year Big Smile

Posts 22268
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 6:34 AM

Alexander Longacre:
Graham, that discount is only good if you don't already own a base package

Sorry Alex, I had missed that detail.

Graham

Posts 10535
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 6:34 AM

I was SO surprised when I didn't find the AYBC in the master collection. I'm sure AY wouldn't have minded.

But Lenski turned out to be a bit of luck. I'd been going through my Dad's Bible notes, which he 'published' for us kids (and grandkids). And frequently he referenced Lenski. Very nice 'Black Friday.

I do wish to complement whoever does the .com pages (if not for Chrome anyway). Really professional presentation.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 7:05 AM

Graham Criddle:

Alexander Longacre:
Graham, that discount is only good if you don't already own a base package

Sorry Alex, I had missed that detail.

Graham

It's all good brother :) It just seems like the people who bought lower level base packages (understanding the limitations or otherwise) don't get a chance to move up at any discount.

Posts 889
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 7:49 AM

Denise Barnhart:
I'd been going through my Dad's Bible notes, which he 'published' for us kids (and grandkids)

Denise, Have you considered making dad's Bible notes available as a PBB to the broader Logos community?  Assuming the notes aren't too personal to share, imagine the extension of his legacy!

"I read dead people..."

Posts 889
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 7:55 AM

Brooks Cochran:

I personally liked last years "black Friday" sale. Send an email with 3 titles and someone would respond with a special price for each of the three. You could accept or decline. I have most of the titles that are offered this year. So I plan to pass.

Brooks,  I also appreciated last year's approach, and availed myself of some fantastic bargains.  This year's aren't quite tempting enough to draw me in.  Also, like Denise, I'm hopeful that the AYBC will make a Christmas appearance at an amazing price.

AND, like another user, I think that Logos would be wise to feature a few very low priced specials in the well below $100 range.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 10535
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:29 AM

Brother Mark ... good idea though my Dad's pretty private. I am, though, going to move them into a 'common' computer format, so others in the family can put in their respective Bible software.

But the point does remain ... you pastors need to remember your kids! While they were busily ignoring you, some day they'll want to listen.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 7 (128 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS