ACCS, 29 vols.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Herman Majkrzak | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 26 2011 5:05 PM

A friend of mine has the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture available in his library. I would like to purchase a package containing this, but I cannot find it anywhere on the Logos website. Is it no longer available?

Herman

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 5:44 PM

Herman Majkrzak:
Is it no longer available?

I don't believe it is.  The Libronix version is available from InterVarsity Press.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 9467
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 5:44 PM

For a reason that hasn't been explained Logos no longer sells this set. It is still available. Do an Internet search for Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture CD-ROM Complete Set and you will find it. Be sure you are getting the complete set not Volume 1.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
Herman Majkrzak | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 5:53 PM

I see. Thank you.

Question: if I by the set on CD-ROM from a 3rd party, can I still integrate it into the Logos library for searching within Logos 4?

Posts 737
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 6:20 PM

Herman Majkrzak:

I see. Thank you.

Question: if I by the set on CD-ROM from a 3rd party, can I still integrate it into the Logos library for searching within Logos 4?

You most certainly can. I purchased it a few months back and called customer service with the product key. They unlocked it and it downloaded immediately.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 6:58 PM

Herman Majkrzak:

I see. Thank you.

See: http://wiki.logos.com/Installing_Libronix_Books for  more details (the screencaps on the wiki page were from an ACCS CD)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 7:23 PM

Herman Majkrzak:
A friend of mine has the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture available in his library. I would like to purchase a package containing this, but I cannot find it anywhere on the Logos website. Is it no longer available? Herman 

It was available from Logos.com but no longer is. Here is a post I wrote today that gives an insight into why some products are dropped from Logos.com.

Super Tramp:
Zondervan is responsible for how expensive their products sell for in Logos. It is negotiated with the licensing agreement. Some other publishers do this too. They will limit how low Logos can go and then allow other software vendors to sell it cheaper. This is also done by several third-part publishers. Don't get mad at Logos for not meeting those sale prices. If that practice becomes abusive you will notice the resource drop from Logos.com. Several titles that used to be listed are no longer to be found. Logos would get few sales and a lot of public criticism of Logos for being "greedy" for their pricing. And the offending company gets free exposure for their product. See if you can find all those cheaper-than-Logos products still listed in this website.

It really is unfair to allow Logos to advertise your product for a required minimum price and then undercut them in other venues. I wonder where all the Logos users who complain about "Christian ethics" are when Logos has their ox gored? Oh, here they are: Big Smile

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/41320/308297.aspx#308297      http://community.logos.com/forums/p/41320/308199.aspx#308199

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/41320/308363.aspx#308363      http://community.logos.com/forums/p/41320/308602.aspx#308602

Related Logos UseVoice suggestion: Change "Retail Price" to "Suggested Value"   If we really want to fix this "problem" cast three votes. Better to light a candle than to keep cursing the darkness.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 506
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 7:27 PM

Herman,

Be sure to shop around too. Some places have better prices then others on this set. Also, make sure you get the Libronix version, and not some other version.

Greg

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 12:29 AM

ACCS is my longest standing elusive purchase. I have never found it at a time when I had cash I could spend or that it was at a price point that I thought I could afford. As popular as ACCS seems to be on this forum, I am amazed that it seems to be hard to obtain.

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 2:43 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
ACCS is my longest standing elusive purchase. I have never found it at a time when I had cash I could spend or that it was at a price point that I thought I could afford.

Same for me here.  I found a good price at Rejoice Software, and want to make use of it in the future.  Hope it will not change :-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 6:40 AM

Here is the best price I've seen.  They are located in Mennonite country in Indiana so I would trust them — Mennonites are good people.

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/ancient-christian-commentary-on-scripture-cd-rom-id-0830824774.aspx

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2521
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 6:44 AM

George,

That particular link is for another bible software product, not Logos or Libronix.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:02 AM

John Fidel:

George,

That particular link is for another bible software product, not Logos or Libronix.

Argh !  Sorry about that.  The information was in the last line of the paragraph "About the Book."  The problem is that I didn't include "Logos" in the search terms (Is there any other bible software? Wink)

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:04 AM

George Somsel:

Here is the best price I've seen.  They are located in Mennonite country in Indiana so I would trust them — Mennonites are good people.

Except BWB isn't run by Mennonites

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:31 AM

Kevin Becker:

George Somsel:

Except BWB isn't run by Mennonites

Are you sure?  According to the "About" section they started while studying at ND Uni, but there isn't any reason I know of that prohibits Mennonites from attending ND.

PS:  Perhaps though my presumption that it is a Mennonite business is colored somewhat by the fact that I purchased my first commentary set from a small bookstore in my hometown in IN which was run by a Mennonite couple.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:42 AM

It's not hard to obtain at all…. Going to amazon or CBD and purchase it anytime you want. or directly front he IVP website. Logos will not sell CDROM based products any longer, so companies wanting physical distribution require to distribute them themselves. You get better prices that way and it works fine you just can't automatically download the purchase till you get the CD and register the number...

-dan

Donovan R. Palmer:

ACCS is my longest standing elusive purchase. I have never found it at a time when I had cash I could spend or that it was at a price point that I thought I could afford. As popular as ACCS seems to be on this forum, I am amazed that it seems to be hard to obtain.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:45 AM

That is the Accordance software version….. not the Logos version.

George Somsel:

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/ancient-christian-commentary-on-scripture-cd-rom-id-0830824774.aspx

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:56 AM

Dan Francis:
That is the Accordance software version….. not the Logos version.

Duh ! Read the preceeding posts.  Also, you're not to mention the "A-word."

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 10:00 AM

Dan Francis:
It's not hard to obtain at all…. Going to amazon or CBD

Amazon for some reason is pricey. (IVP is understandably so).  I did see it on CBD and Rejoice today.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 11:36 AM

George Somsel:

Also, you're not to mention the "A-word."

People mention other programs all the time… one should not advertise other sites or competing products, but mentioning a competitors name is different than promoting them.  And yes i do see someone else mentioned it was the wrong product but sometimes when you are reading  you do tend to reply to the article you are reading, without looking further ahead in the string.

-Dan

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS