Problems with textual searches...

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
Adam Couturier | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 9 2009 4:39 AM

I just did a word search on the word    שׂפה.  For some reason, I can figure out how to get 4.0 to do a textual search of this word (in all of its forms).  I ran a Bible search in 3.0 to get the results that I needed.  What am I doing wrong?  Also my Bibles are prioritized (BHS WIVU is my #1).

Posts 32
Adam Couturier | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 1:45 PM

*bump*

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:09 PM

Adam,

Can you give more info..I can't hardly see the font....

Verse, english gloss?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:22 PM

I can't get a single hit in any Hebrew bible whether as surface or lemma. But it should have lemma hits as it is found in DBL Hebrew lexicon! As you say, L3 has results in BHS. Definitely a bug.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:25 PM

whoops....
I get nothing out of BHS...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 611
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:33 PM

adamcouturier:
I just did a word search on the word    שׂפה.  For some reason, I can figure out how to get 4.0 to do a textual search of this word (in all of its forms).  I ran a Bible search in 3.0 to get the results that I needed.  What am I doing wrong?  Also my Bibles are prioritized (BHS WIVU is my #1).

I don't know if this helps, this is the result I got from my search.

Posts 32
Adam Couturier | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:28 PM

I am so glad that I am not the only one having this problem!  Thanks everybody!

John-  I don't have the BHS w/ Westminster Morphology.  I wonder if the other BHS texts (AFAT - WIVU) have not been set to work on this type of search yet?

Also does anyone know if Logos has discontinued licensing the BHS w/ Westminster Morphology in the new 4.0 base packages?

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:30 PM

adamcouturier:

John-  I don't have the BHS w/ Westminster Morphology.  I wonder if the other BHS texts (AFAT - WIVU) have not been set to work on this type of search yet?

Also does anyone know if Logos has discontinued licensing the BHS w/ Westminster Morphology in the new 4.0 base packages?

I was able to replicate John's result after I carefully copied the Hebrew word from your post! The WIVU/AFAT are different morphologies but I got the same results with BHS/WIVU and AFAT. I only got results for lemma:שׂפה in AFAT - 176 in 164 verses. When you choose a bible (in box) you will have to type BHS or AFAT to get a selection list. Select your bible and the correct morphology should appear in the with box (else select from what is available).

If you had BHS 4.x in L3 then you would have it in L4 - complete with Westminster Morphology.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 32
Adam Couturier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 8:31 AM

Thanks Dave.  I am still  not getting any results.  The only reason I asked about the Wesminister text (which I never owned in 3.0) is because I was thinking that may be the only BHS that is working correctly.  I can only make this search work in 3.0, which is rather frustrating.

help!!

Posts 32
Adam Couturier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:56 AM

*bump*

Bradley?

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

I've bookmarked this post for further investigation; maybe I'll have an answer later this week?

Posts 32
Adam Couturier | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 8:05 AM

Thanks, Bradley.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS