How do I???

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:49 AM

I am wanting to copy and paste from a logos book into a open office document so that I can translate with more room on a page.   So I have copied and pasted the work but to format it a little better it seems really wonky.

I paste say 10 sentences of Hebrew.....I will never get question one....then trying to add spaces between the lines it seems the Hebrew formating of things confuses me.. I seem to just give up when I can't make things work correctly....

Is there someone that can make a video how to do this?  I assume professors or pastors might do this for their own papers that they present at conferences and such...

Thanks in advance

Posts 36083
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 1:35 AM

I'd need an screen shot ... but are you mixing right-to-left print with left-to-right?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:55 AM

William Bingham:
I paste say 10 sentences of Hebrew.....I will never get question one....then trying to add spaces between the lines it seems the Hebrew formating of things confuses me.. I seem to just give up when I can't make things work correctly....

In LibreOffice, Tools => Options, Language Settings have enabled CTL (Complex Text Layout).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 2:29 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
In LibreOffice, Tools => Options, Language Settings have enabled CTL (Complex Text Layout).

Ok, I have found this in Open office and it seems to be making things a little bit better.  I will play around with this for a bit see if I will atleast live with things. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:40 PM

William Bingham:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Ok, I have found this in Open office and it seems to be making things a little bit better.  I will play around with this for a bit see if I will atleast live with things. 

You could also set up a table with cells that go full page width, then alternate rows between Hebrew text and your translation.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:37 PM

Hey Richard.....

Now I like this option.....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS